- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Live from CPAC, it’s Bannon and Priebus February 23, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- Actelion, being bought by J&J, says full year core net income rose 27 percent February 14, 2017
Actonel is a part of the group of medicines collectively known as biophosphates (big Fos fo nayts) and is normally responsible for altering the cycle of bone formation and breakdown within the human body. The basic function of these valuable medicine is slowing the process of bonme loss during the increase in bone mass, thereby preventing any fractures. Actonel may also be used to treat osteoporosis in both the genders.
What are the ways of taking Actonel?
The Actonel tablets come in different strengths. Therefore one needs to be very careful of in taking the right amount of the medicine. The stronger tablets are usually taken once on a month, while the weaker ones may be taken more than once in a single day or week. These tablets should ideally be taken a good thirty minutes before taking any drinks, or any solid foods. Following these steps ensures in attaining the desired effects of these particular medicines. Other precautions related to taking these medicines include:
- Lying down or reclining should be avoided for at least 30 minutes after taking the drug
- Only plain water should be drank while taking the medicine
- An individual should prevent taking medicines like vitamins, antacids or calciums for at least 3o mins after taking Actonel.
What are the cases that discourage the use of Actonel:
- Low blood calcium
- Deficiency of Vitamin D
- Kidney related diseases
- Ulcer in stomach pr esophagus
Persons suffering from these are strongly advised to avoid taking these medicines.
Actonel side effects:
- Chest pain
- Pain while swallowing
- Burining sensations under ribs or at the back
- New or worsening heartburn
- Severe pain at joints, or muscle pains
- Numbness, swelling, painful jaws.
Any one suffering from these side effects should consult a doctor immediately.