- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Hillary Clinton calls for ‘resistance and persistence’ from Democrats February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
Adderall is a pharmaceutical drug that acts as a psychostimulant. This drug is comprised of amphetamine salts and is used in treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder as well as narcolepsy. Adderall has also proved to be effective in treating treatment-resistant depression. Adderall is the brand name of the drug which was introduced in the market as an instant-release tablet. The principal ingredients of Adderall include racemic and dextroamphetamine salts.
Why is Adderall prescribed?
Adderall when consumed binds to the monoamine transporters and increases the extracellular levels of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine. The combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine is effective in the treatment of attention deficit disorder and narcolepsy.
How should Adderall be taken?
Adderall is available in the form of tablets and capsules. The tablet is usually taken two or three times a day while the capsule is taken usually once in the morning per day. Adderall should not be taken in the evening or at noon as it may cause sleeping problems. You may swallow the entire capsule as a whole or sprinkle its
content in a teaspoon of water and drink it.
What are probable side effects of Adderall?
There are many side effects of Adderall which can be the following: –
* Involuntary quivering of parts of the body
* Sleeping problems
* Dry mouth
* Weight loss
* Bad taste in mouth
* Loss of appetite
* Changes in libido
Some side effects of this medicine can have serious consequences such as: -
* Shortness of breath
* Increase in pulse rate
* Chest pain
* Excessive tiredness
* Difficulty in speaking
* Abnormal swelling of eyes, face and throat
* Aggressive behavior
* Blurred vision
If the side effects mentioned above take place then you should immediately consult the concerned doctor before it gets too late.