- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- China carfentanil ban a 'game-changer' for opioid epidemic February 16, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
Advair is a medicine that is used to prevent asthma attacks. Advair is primarily composed of a steroid called Fluticasone. This medicine is critical in blocking the substances in the body that causes inflammation. Advair works by relaxing the muscles in the air ways, thereby improving the breathing in an individual. Even though Advair is an asthma prevention drug, it ca also be used for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease that is also associated with chronic bronchitis.
Directions of use:
The medicine of Advair should be used exactly the way prescribed by the doctor. Advair medicines cannot be used once an asthma attack has already begun. Advair is mostly used with an actuator inhaler device and should not be used with a spacer. The most important steps that everyone needs to follow while taking these drugs are:
a) Only inhaler devices provided with Advair HFA should be used.
b) The inhaler should be shaken well for at least five seconds before it is used.
c) Any inhaler should only be used for a month.
d) Exhaling or blowing into the Advair inhaler should be avoided.
e) Everyone using these inhalers should wash their mouths after every use in order
to prevent yeast infections.
Conditions where Advair should not be used:
Persons suffering from the following problems should prevent using these drugs as they contain fluticasone, salmeterol-
Heart disease or high blood pressure
• Epilepsy or other seizure disorders
• And any other liver diseases
Possible side effects of Advair:
Individuals suffering from these symptoms after using Advair shoul report t o their doctor immediately:
• Worsening asthma symptoms
• White patches or sores in and outside the mouth, lips
• Chest pain, irregular heart beats, restlessness and tremor.