- Bright lava lights up Sicilian sky as Mount Etna erupts February 28, 2017
- Man Who Pleaded Guilty to Murdering 15-Month-Old Baby Gets 60 Years in Prison February 27, 2017
- Five things to listen for in Trump’s big speech February 28, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Pakistan airline denies passengers forced to stand February 25, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
Aleve refers to a group of medications that fall under the anti inflammatory drugs category. Aleve is widely used to reduce those hormones in the body that are responsible for causing pain and inflammation in the body. The inflammation in the body may be caused due to several conditions including gout, bursitis, gout or menstrual cramps.
Information you should know
People who suffer from cardiovascular or heart related diseases should consult their doctor before taking the medication. This is because usage of Aleve may increase the chances of heart stroke. Hence you are advised not take the medication if you had any by pass or other heart related surgery. In case you experience any symptoms such as slurred speech, weakness or shortness of breath, you should take medical help immediately. There are other side effects that may be caused by this medication like serious effects on the stomach and intestines and other gastrointestinal side effects. Hence you should call your doctor at once in case you experience any of the side effects mentioned above. Refrain from drinking alcohol while taking Aleve. Also avoid going out in the harsh sun because your skin might become sensitive with prolonged use of Aleve and exposure to the sun may lead to tanning.
In case you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, then you should consult your doctor. This is because Aleve can be harmful to an unborn baby and may also pass to the baby at the time of breastfeeding. Hence the doctor may advice you to
stop taking Aleve during the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Directions for taking Aleve
Take the medication only after proper consultation with the doctor. Do not take more quantities of the medication than prescribed and also do not take it for a longer time than recommended. You should swallow the table whole with a glass full of water. Do not try to crush or break the tablet. This is because the special coating of the tablet will protect your stomach wall. Breaking the pill and swallowing the contents will result in too much of the medicine being released at once. In case you are taking the medication in liquid form, you should shake the contents well. You should measure the liquid with a measuring cup and then take the required quantity. If you skip miss one dose, you can take the dose when you remember. If it already time for the next dose, then you can simply skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose. Do not take extra medication to cover up for your missed dose. If you overdose, them you should seek medical help