- Immigration advocates denounce DHS plan to implement Trump executive orders February 21, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Big China city says many poultry markets infected with bird flu: media February 11, 2017
- Senators question Kaleo’ $4,500 tag on opioid overdose treatment February 9, 2017
- Sickle cell trait skews common diabetes test February 7, 2017
- Too few U.S. teens getting flu and cancer vaccines February 7, 2017
- Synthetic marijuana substitutes are likely not safe February 7, 2017
- Canada authorizes new drug consumption rooms February 6, 2017
- Cricket-De Villiers steers S.Africa to ODI series win over Sri Lanka February 4, 2017
Alphagan is a type of medication used to reduce the amount of fluid in the eye. It reduces the production of fluid in the eye and also helps the remaining fluid in the eye to drain faster. The medication is also used to treat other disorders of the eye such as ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
Information you should know
The dropper of the medication is sterile. Do not let the dropper touch any part of the skin including the hands. If the dropper becomes contaminated, it can cause infection in the eye which can then be fatal. The medication is known to cause dizziness or drowsiness after applying it and hence it you should refrain from driving a vehicle or operating other machinery a few hours after the application of the drops.
You should use the eye drops exactly as per the prescription of the doctor. You should always wash your hands before you apply the eye drops. Remove any contact lenses, if you are wearing them before applying the eye drops. This is because the medication may cause discoloration of the contact lenses. Lay on a bed and then pull down the lower eyelid. Look away from the eye dropper and then put a drop in the eye. Next apply slight pressure to the inside corner of the eye to prevent the medication from rolling out of the eye through the tear duct. Repeat the same process in the other eye. Alphagan is to be used three times a day. Keep
the bottle tightly capped and store it at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, you can apply the dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose then you can skip the missed dose. Never use double dose because you have missed a dose.
In case of overdose
You should take care not to take an overdose. However an accidental overdose has not proved to be harmful. If you have your doubts you can call the doctor.
There may some side effects such as swelling of the lips, closing of the throat, you can stop using the medication and call the doctor. There may be other less serious side effects as well such as swollen eyes, puffy eyes, dizziness, discharge from the
eye, dry nose, change in taste and dry mouth.