- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- EPA chief Pruitt appeals to ‘civility’ but fails to quell environmentalists’ concerns February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
- Intensive BP control has no impact on gait speed, mobility in elderly February 12, 2017
Altace refers to a group of medications known as ACE inhibitors. The drug is used for treating high blood pressure and it improves the condition of the patient after a heart attack.
Information you should know
Do take consultation of the doctor in case you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. This is because Altace is a strong medication that can that can cause birth defects in the unborn baby. Hence if you become pregnant during the course of your medication, you should stop taking the medication and inform your doctor immediately. Also Altace may impair your thinking for a while and hence it is better that you don’t drive after you take the medication. Also you are advised to drink at least six to eight glasses of water every day during the course of the medication.
Take the medication exactly as per the prescription of the doctor. Do not ever take the medication in larger or smaller amounts than what the doctor has prescribed. You can also read the prescription on the label. Take the medication with a full glass of water.
Get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis by a doctor during the course of the medication. Your doctor may also check your kidney or liver function. Do not miss any required trip to the doctor. Do not stop taking the medication even if you are being treated for high blood pressure. Store the medication at normal room temperature without exposing it to direct sunlight or moisture.
Missing a dose
You should take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However if it time for the next dose, then you can skip the missed dose. Do not take double dose
because you missed a dose.
If you overdose
Seek medical help or call the doctor immediately if you overdose. You may experience symptoms like dizziness and fainting if you overdose.
Avoid while taking Altace
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Altace. Also do not drive straight away after taking Altace as the medication may impair your thinking or reactions for a while. Also refrain from taking any potassium or salt substitutes while taking Altace.
The patient may suffer from any of the serious side effects such as muscle weakness, feeling of tiredness, pain in the chest, fainting or quick weight gain. There may be lesser known side effects as well such as cough, insomnia, feeling of
drowsiness, vomiting and nausea.