- Extremely Pregnant Ciara Proves She Can Still "Drop It Low" In New Baby Bump Pic April 25, 2017
- Illegal Cancer Treatments: FDA Warning – Fraudulent Claims of Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention or Cure April 25, 2017
- 25 Percent Dextrose Injection, USP (Infant) by Hospira: Recall – Particulate Matter April 24, 2017
- Paris station panic as man arrested with knife April 22, 2017
- Myths about Narcolepsy Debunked April 23, 2017
- Phenobarbital 15 mg Tablets, USP by C.O. Truxton: Recall – Labeling Error on Declared Strength April 21, 2017
- Man Beats Deadly Pancreatic Cancer April 20, 2017
- Meet the Adorable Dog That Helps Manage Diabetes April 20, 2017
- The 17-Year-Old Girl Unable to Digest Food April 20, 2017
- This New Mom Expertly Clapped Back After a Stranger Gave Her Unsolicited Weight Loss Advice April 19, 2017
Amaryl is a type of oral medication used to control high blood pressure in the body by decreasing blood sugar levels. This medication helps your body to respond well to the insulin produced in the pancreas. The medication is generally suggested by the doctor to control diabetes in the patient. The doctor may also suggest the diabetes patient to do exercise and diet.
Information you should know
You should know how to recognize when there is low blood sugar in the body. Also keep a source of sugar in handy, so that you can take it immediately when you have low blood sugar. Sources of sugar such as candy and sweets work best. In case your blood sugar level has dropped rapidly, you can take an injection of glucagons. If your blood sugar level becomes too high, then you should call the doctor immediately.
To tell the doctor
Tell the doctor if you have any major disease such as heart disease or liver disease. Also tell your doctor if you are pregnant as the medicine may pass to the unborn child and can prove harmful. Also do not take Amaryl without consulting the doctor if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Instructions for dosage
Take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take the medication in larger or smaller amounts than what is prescribed by the doctor. Take the dose with a glass full of water. Amaryl is to be taken at the time of breakfast or meal. Check your blood sugar level regularly at home. Call the doctor if the level becomes too high or too low. Take the medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop taking the medication just because you are feeling better. Store the medication in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.
If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, then do not take the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take
double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
Seek medical help if you overdose and have symptoms such as cold sweats, anxiety or nausea.
Serious side effects may be muscle cramps, nausea, skin rash and itching. Less
serious side effects include blurred vision, weakness and dizziness.