- Bright lava lights up Sicilian sky as Mount Etna erupts February 28, 2017
- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- EPA chief Pruitt appeals to ‘civility’ but fails to quell environmentalists’ concerns February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
Amaryl is a type of oral medication used to control high blood pressure in the body by decreasing blood sugar levels. This medication helps your body to respond well to the insulin produced in the pancreas. The medication is generally suggested by the doctor to control diabetes in the patient. The doctor may also suggest the diabetes patient to do exercise and diet.
Information you should know
You should know how to recognize when there is low blood sugar in the body. Also keep a source of sugar in handy, so that you can take it immediately when you have low blood sugar. Sources of sugar such as candy and sweets work best. In case your blood sugar level has dropped rapidly, you can take an injection of glucagons. If your blood sugar level becomes too high, then you should call the doctor immediately.
To tell the doctor
Tell the doctor if you have any major disease such as heart disease or liver disease. Also tell your doctor if you are pregnant as the medicine may pass to the unborn child and can prove harmful. Also do not take Amaryl without consulting the doctor if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Instructions for dosage
Take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take the medication in larger or smaller amounts than what is prescribed by the doctor. Take the dose with a glass full of water. Amaryl is to be taken at the time of breakfast or meal. Check your blood sugar level regularly at home. Call the doctor if the level becomes too high or too low. Take the medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop taking the medication just because you are feeling better. Store the medication in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture.
If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for next dose, then do not take the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take
double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
Seek medical help if you overdose and have symptoms such as cold sweats, anxiety or nausea.
Serious side effects may be muscle cramps, nausea, skin rash and itching. Less
serious side effects include blurred vision, weakness and dizziness.