- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Hillary Clinton calls for ‘resistance and persistence’ from Democrats February 24, 2017
- Live from CPAC, it’s Bannon and Priebus February 23, 2017
- Reacting to President Trump's CPAC speech February 24, 2017
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area: USGS February 24, 2017
- Immigration advocates denounce DHS plan to implement Trump executive orders February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- ‘A Serbian Trap’: Freezing conditions in Belgrade are not the biggest problem for refugees in Belgrade February 21, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
ANABOLIC STEROID INFORMATION
Anabolic steroid is also called as anabolic-androgenic steroids or just AAS in short. Anabolic steroid belongs to the steroid hormones class. The primary function of anabolic steroid is to increase the synthesis of proteins in the cells which then results in anabolism of the cellular tissue in the muscles. Anabolic steroids are also used for the development of vocal chords as well as growth of body hair.
Anabolic steroids were first synthesized in the 1930s and are now used as medicine. Anabolic steroids are also used for to enhance the growth of bones in the body and increase appetite. They may also be used for the chronic treatment of diseases such as cancer and AIDS. Some people also use anabolic steroids to increase muscle mass in the body and to gain physical strength. Anabolic steroids are often
used by bodybuilders to enhance strength and physique.
However anabolic steroids should be used with care as they pose serious health risks later if excessive doses are taken for a longer time than necessary. The bad effects of anabolic steroids include high blood pressure, liver damage, damage to the heart, acne and high cholesterol levels in the body. These effects can be nullified by taking the required drugs as well as exercising.
Many sports people use anabolic steroids in order to enhance their performances in competitive sports. However all sports bodies ban the use of anabolic steroids in competitive sports. Sports organizations such as FIFA, National Hockey League, National Basketball Association, etc have very strict rules for the illegal use of anabolic steroids where the players can be banned if the tests turn out to be positive.
Anabolic steroids are used as controlled substances in many countries such as Thailand, Mexico, Canada, United States and United Kingdom. In many countries where the usage of anabolic steroids is controlled, there exists a black market for the drugs. The anabolic steroids are often contaminated and they are sold at very high prices.
Anabolic steroids can have may side effects. They are addictive in nature. Some of the side effects include high blood pressure, bad cholesterol level, cardiovascular disease and coronary artery disease. Anabolic steroid users may also develop acne as the drug stimulates the sebaceous glands. Also the usage of anabolic steroids may accelerate the rate at which one becomes bald. Also prolonged use of anabolic steroids may lead to complications in the heart due to the thickening of the left