- A Life-Threatening Disease Destroyed Her Nose March 27, 2017
- 5 Health Risks of Breast Implants March 23, 2017
- 6 Things To Know About Male Eating Disorders March 21, 2017
- A catalogue of terror in France March 19, 2017
- Peru struggles with devastating El Niño flooding March 20, 2017
- How to Take Care of Yourself When You Have the Flu March 20, 2017
- Trump to Merkel: ‘Perhaps’ Obama wiretapped us both March 17, 2017
- Campaign heats up to make heroin-overdose reversal drug available everywhere March 18, 2017
- 11 Celebrities Who Battled Postpartum Depression March 16, 2017
- What You Need to Know About the New Listeria Outbreak March 15, 2017
BACTERIAL INFECTIONS INFORMATION
Bacterial infections are caused when the body is colonized by certain disease- causing organisms. At such instances, the body is used by the foreign organism as a host on which it multiplies. Whereas, the bacteria thrive due to the symbiotic relationship established between the host and parasite, the colonized body is made to go through detrimental effects. Unlike viruses that, too, cause infections but cannot be treated, various antibiotics are available that can cure the occurrence of bacterial infections.
Type of bacterial infections
Bacterial infections can occur in various parts of the body in human beings the most common being the respiratory tract, digestive tract and the urinary tract infections. Respiratory tract infections affect all ages and the most common types are pharyngitis, sinusitis and pneumonia. Most digestive tract infections occur due to bacteria or toxins that they produce. Bacteria get access to the digestive tract generally by way of food that has been left uncovered for hours on end. Urinary tract infections affect individuals when bacteria pass through the genital tract or perineal area that is the area between the genitals and the anus and ultimately contaminate the urethra. Mostly, sexually active women are seen to get most affected by this kind of infection.
Treatment of bacterial infections
The way bacterial infections are treated depends largely on the site of the infection. Application or oral intake of medicine also depends on the bacteria that have caused the infection and also the side- effects that the drug may produce. Drugs like Ampicilin and Gentamicin are prescribed in case there is some sort of respiratory tract infection. Since Candida and bowel infections are the two most common kinds of digestive infections there are several treatments available to cure them, natural and antibiotic. Urinary tract infections are caused mainly by the bacteria called E- Coli. Several U.T.I antibiotics are available in the market that can kill this bacteria though the demerit lies in the fact that these antibiotics cannot differentiate between “good” and “bad” bacteria.