- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
- Residents say 1st atom bomb test caused cancer cases February 10, 2017
- Laundry pods cause large portion of chemical eye burns in kids February 9, 2017
- Sanderson Farms shareholder proposal on antibiotics fails February 9, 2017
BACTERIAL INFECTIONS INFORMATION
Bacterial infections are caused when the body is colonized by certain disease- causing organisms. At such instances, the body is used by the foreign organism as a host on which it multiplies. Whereas, the bacteria thrive due to the symbiotic relationship established between the host and parasite, the colonized body is made to go through detrimental effects. Unlike viruses that, too, cause infections but cannot be treated, various antibiotics are available that can cure the occurrence of bacterial infections.
Type of bacterial infections
Bacterial infections can occur in various parts of the body in human beings the most common being the respiratory tract, digestive tract and the urinary tract infections. Respiratory tract infections affect all ages and the most common types are pharyngitis, sinusitis and pneumonia. Most digestive tract infections occur due to bacteria or toxins that they produce. Bacteria get access to the digestive tract generally by way of food that has been left uncovered for hours on end. Urinary tract infections affect individuals when bacteria pass through the genital tract or perineal area that is the area between the genitals and the anus and ultimately contaminate the urethra. Mostly, sexually active women are seen to get most affected by this kind of infection.
Treatment of bacterial infections
The way bacterial infections are treated depends largely on the site of the infection. Application or oral intake of medicine also depends on the bacteria that have caused the infection and also the side- effects that the drug may produce. Drugs like Ampicilin and Gentamicin are prescribed in case there is some sort of respiratory tract infection. Since Candida and bowel infections are the two most common kinds of digestive infections there are several treatments available to cure them, natural and antibiotic. Urinary tract infections are caused mainly by the bacteria called E- Coli. Several U.T.I antibiotics are available in the market that can kill this bacteria though the demerit lies in the fact that these antibiotics cannot differentiate between “good” and “bad” bacteria.