- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
Cardizem belongs to a group of drugs that belong to the category of calcium channel blockers. The medication helps to relax the muscles in the blood vessels as well as the heart. The medication is also used to treat chest pain, high blood pressure and other heart beat rhythm disorders.
Information you should know
You should refrain from taking the medication in case you are suffering from any heart aliments or low blood pressure. Also consult your doctor before taking the medication in case you are taking other drugs as well. If you have any major disease such as heart disease or kidney disease, then discuss it with your doctor before taking the medication. After taking Cardizem you may experience side effect such as slow reaction and impairment in thinking. Hence it is advisable not to drive a vehicle or operating a machine after taking the medication. Also do not stop taking the medication all of a sudden just because you are feeling better. Your condition may become worse if you stop taking the drug suddenly. Take the medication even if you have high blood pressure and you are feeling fine.
Instructions for dosage
You should take the medication as per the doctor’s instructions. Do not take the drug in larger or lesser amounts than prescribed by the doctor. You may read the directions on the label as well. Take Cardizem with a glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Swallow the tablet whole as this will help to release the medicine slowly in the body. If you break the tablet, then too much of the drug will be released in the body at the same time. Get your blood pressure checked on a
If you miss a dose
You can take the missed dose as soon as you remember. In case it is time for the next dose, then don’t take the missed dose and continue with the regular doses. Do not ever take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
Consult the doctor immediately if you overdose. Symptoms of overdose may include chest pain, light headedness, fainting and shortness of breath.
Side effects of Cardizem
Serious side effects may include sore throat, shortness of breath, fast or slow heart beats and weight gain. Less serious side effects may include dizziness, skin
rash and nausea.