- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- Senate rejects ban on guns for mentally ill February 15, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
- Intensive BP control has no impact on gait speed, mobility in elderly February 12, 2017
- Israeli court rules to close Haifa ammonia tank February 12, 2017
- Bosnia reports first case of H5N8 bird flu February 12, 2017
Cardura belongs to the group of drugs that can be called alpha-adrenergic blockers. The medication is taken to expand and relax the veins and the arteries in the body and to ensure proper flow of blood through them. The medication is also used for relaxing the muscles in the bladder as a result of which urinating is easy. The medication is used for the treatment of enlarged prostate as well as treating hypertension.
Information you should know
You should take Cardura only according to the proper instructions of the doctor. The medication may lower your blood pressure and you may start feeling dizzy. Hence it is best to take the medication at bedtime. You may feel dizzy or light headed when you wake up. In case you are going for cataract surgery while taking Cardura, then you should tell the doctor well in advance about the medication.
Talk with your doctor
You should discuss with your doctor if you are suffering from any type of liver disease or prostate cancer. Also in case you are pregnant, tell your doctor. This is because the medication may pass on to the unborn baby. Also when you are breastfeeding your baby, the medication may pass through breast milk. Hence you
need to consult your doctor in that case also.
Instructions for dosage
You should take Cardura exactly as per the instructions of the doctor. Do not take the medicine in larger or lesser amounts than what is prescribed. Take the medication with a glass full of water. Also the medication may induce dizziness after taking it. Hence refrain from driving a vehicle or operating machinery soon after taking the medication. It is best to take the medication during bedtime. You may feel dizzy and light headed when you wake up in the morning. Hence get up from bed with care. Get your blood pressure and prostate checked by your doctor regularly. Store the medication at room temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture.
If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, you can take the dose as soon as you remember. However if it is time for the next dose, then you can skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take double dose to cover up for the missed dose. Try to take your dose at the same time every day.
If you overdose
If you have done an overdose, you should take emergency help immediately. Symptoms of overdose of the medication may include fainting, drowsiness and