- EPA chief Pruitt appeals to ‘civility’ but fails to quell environmentalists’ concerns February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
- Looming Obamacare repeal stokes women’s fears February 10, 2017
- ‘No-brainer’ or no-no? Congress split on probing Trump tax returns February 10, 2017
- Senators question Kaleo’ $4,500 tag on opioid overdose treatment February 9, 2017
Ceftin belongs to a group of drugs that are used to fight bacteria in the body. The group of drugs that Ceftin belongs to is known as cephalosporin. The medication is used to treat several bacterial infections in the body which can also be life threatening.
Information you should know
You should refrain from taking this medication or consult the doctor in case you are allergic to Ceftin or other similar medications such as Duricef, Ceclor, Keflex and Suprax. Also tell your doctor if you have any type of kidney disease, heart disease, cancer and any disorder related to the stomach. Also Ceftin may lessen the effect of birth control pills which may lead to pregnancy. Hence consult your doctor in case you are taking birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. Ceftin and other antibiotic medicines may lead to diarrhea, so if you suffer from watery stools or find blood in your excreta, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Instructions for dosage
Take the medication as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take the medication in smaller or larger amounts than prescribed by the doctor. You can also read the instructions on the label. Ceftin tablets can be safely taken with or without food. However the oral medication has to be taken with food. Shake the bottle of the liquid before use. You can measure the suspension in spoon or medicine cup. If you want to take oral suspension instead of tablet, then you need to take the same amount of milligrams. Continue to take Ceftin as long as the doctor has told you to do so. Do not stop taking the medication even if your symptoms improve. Store the
medication at room temperature away from direct sunlight or moisture.
If you miss a dose
You should take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it time for the next dose, then you can skip the missed dose and continue with the regular doses. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
You should seek the help of a doctor immediately if you overdose. Symptoms of overdose may include seizure or blackout.
The serious side effects include diarrhea, sore throat, fever, black out and jaundice. The less serious side effects include stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, sleep problems and vaginal itching. Consult your doctor if any of the symptoms