- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area: USGS February 24, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- 'Why should Americans trust you?' Trump asked February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
Ciprofloxacin is a well known synthetic and broad spectrum antibiotic or anti bacterial drug. Being a bacteriocidal, it is specifically active against the bacteria known as gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Patients with Crohn’s disease use this drug for an effective treatment. The function of ciprofloxacin is to separate replicated DNA. Ciprofloxacin is available in both tablets and infusion bottles. Generally the patients are prescribed to take this medicine twice a day without any dosage adjustment for mild to moderate renal treatment. The basic components of this drug include metals like aluminum, calcium, sulphate, zinc, magnesium, ferrous and iron. Do not take antacid with ciprofloxacin. At the same time, avoid excessive physical exhaustion during the course of ciprofloxacin.
Doctors prescribe ciprofloxacin for several purposes. It is safe for certain oral, parental and topical use. Ciprofloxacin again works well against the troubles like pneumonias, urinary tract infections, STDs, septicemias, mycobacteria and legionellosis. Avoid taking this drug during pregnancy, liver or renal failure and epilepsy. Children except the case of anthrax post exposure and serious infections
are not prescribed to take ciprofloxacin.
This drug has some side effects too. Like for example, constipation and photosensitivity even arise from the impact of ciprofloxacin. However, the side effects are not much severe and the researches that only approximately 9% of the users suffer from the side effects; but long habit of the same can affect the central nervous system. Ciprofloxacin should strictly be avoided in the situation of gastrointestinal irritation.
Initially ciprofloxacin was only prescribed as a drug of last resort to prevent antibiotic-resistant infection. Also you need to consult your doctor before taking this drug if you have early records of stroke, kidney failure, liver disease, tendonitis, epilepsy or if you are pregnant or a lactating mother. A complete course of this medicine is essential even if you start feeling better after only certain doses. As it is antibacterial drug, it may also kill some good bacteria as well that leads to diarrhea. It is extremely important that you are regular with the dosage of cipro (ciprofloxacin), and even if you forget to take one dose, take it as
early as possible. And continue the same until your disease is completely cured.