- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Trump now owns Obamacare February 15, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
Claritin belongs to the group of drugs known as antihistamine. The medication is used to treat and prevent a running nose, sneezing and watering of the eyes. The medication is also used to treat other allergies in the patient.
Information you should know
Claritin may cause symptoms of dizziness or drowsiness after consumption. Hence you should refrain from driving a vehicle or operating any machinery after you have taken the medication. You should also consult your doctor in case you are suffering from any heart or liver related problem. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, you should consult your doctor before taking the medication. However there have been no cases of Claritin passing on to the unborn baby or through breast milk of the mother.
Instructions for dosage
Claritin should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Also you can read the directions for use on the label. It is advisable to take the medication with a glass full of water. Do not crush or chew the tablet. You should swallow the tablet whole otherwise too much medication will be released at once in the system. You can take the syrup with a measuring cup to ensure that you are taking the right quantity. The medication is usually to be taken once a day. Store the medication at room
temperature away from direct sunlight and moisture.
If you miss a dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then don’t take the missed dose and continue with your regular doses. Do not ever take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
You may experience symptoms like drowsiness, irregular heartbeat, vomiting and nausea. In case the above symptoms persist, then you seek medical help immediately.
Precautions to be taken
After consumption, the medication may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Hence you should refrain from driving or operating machinery a few hours after you have taken the medication.
Side effects of Claritin may include allergies like swelling of the lips and the tongue. Other side effects may include dry mouth, headache, nervousness, dry skin and itchiness. If any of the side effects persist or bother you, then you should seek medical help immediately. Also consult your doctor if you are taking other
medications at the same time of taking Claritin.