- ‘Batkid Begins’ Trailer Perfectly Captures Miles Scott’s Heartwarming, Viral Adventure May 21, 2015
- California Medical Association drops opposition to doctor-assisted suicide May 20, 2015
- Deceased councilwoman in Pittsburgh wins Democratic primary May 20, 2015
- Most Americans still don’t use sunscreen May 20, 2015
- New York prison guard in inmate death case gets last-minute reprieve May 21, 2015
- Four U.S. cancer charities charged; two settle May 19, 2015
- California Medical Association Changes Aid-in-Dying Position May 20, 2015
- Dutch doctor who gave wrong diagnoses could face longer sentence May 20, 2015
- J&J to submit at least 10 new drugs for approval by 2019 May 20, 2015
- In a World of Cutting-Edge Technology, We Are From the Stone Age… and the Sooner We Recognize That, the Happier We’ll All Be May 20, 2015
COLON CANCER INFORMATION
Colon Cancer is also referred to as Colorectal Cancer or Bowel Cancer, which includes cancerous growths in the rectum, colon or appendix. Every year the number of people suffering from colon cancer and deaths due to colon cancer is increasing to a great extent. As per statistics, it causes 655,000 deaths all over the world per year. It is the second leading cause of cancer related dead in the Western world. Many cases of colon cancer begin as small, noncancerous clumps of cells known as adenomatous polyps. But in due course, these polyps tend to enlarge and become colon cancers.
Symptoms and Signs of Colon Cancer
In the earlier stages most people do not experience any kind of symptoms of this disease. When they tend to appear, you need to take some preventive measures. These symptoms will vary depending on the size of cancer and location in the large intestine. The general signs include: Rectal bleeding or blood in the stool; change in the bowel habits which includes constipation or diarrhea or change in the consistency of your stool for more than a couple of weeks; abdominal pain with bowel changes; fatigue or weakness and sudden weight loss; persistent abdominal discomfort such as gas or pain and etc. Also make sure that blood in the stool may be due to some other reasons also apart from this colon cancer.
Causes of Colon Cancer
Generally cancer occurs when your healthy cells are altered. For the normal functioning of a human being, cells grow and divide in an orderly way to keep the body fit. But in unusual circumstances, the growths gets altered i.e. the cells continue to divide even if it is not needed. If they start to happen in the rectum or colon, it may cause precancerous polyps to form in the lining of your large intestine. Later on over the period, they tend to develop and become dangerous cancer. In the later stages, this colon cancer tends to penetrate the colon walls and metastasize to nearby lymph nodes or other organs. The type of treatment recommended by your doctor defers from person to person depending on the stage of the cancer. The three main options available towards treatment of colon cancer include: surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. Among all these surgery is familiar for treatment of this ailment. Based on the size of the cancer and whether the cancer has penetrated into the wall of your bowel, other options such as chemotherapy and radiation will be used.