- 911 call: Mom tried to resuscitate unresponsive twin babies March 22, 2017
- US-led air strike on north Syria kills 33: monitor March 22, 2017
- FBI’s Comey knocks the Patriots to make a point about the Kremlin’s grudge against Clinton March 20, 2017
- Here are the top 10 dog breeds of 2016 March 21, 2017
- Suicides on Social Media!? March 21, 2017
- Array BioPharma Announces Withdrawal of NDA for Binimetinib Monotherapy for the Treatment of NRAS-Mutant Melanoma March 18, 2017
- FDA Approves Xadago (safinamide) as an Add-On Treatment for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease March 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Juvéderm Vollure XC for Correction of Facial Wrinkles and Folds in Adults March 20, 2017
- Peru struggles with devastating El Niño flooding March 20, 2017
- How are Americans reacting to the GOP health care bill? March 19, 2017
Cozaar is generally used by people who are suffering from high blood pressure i.e. hypertension. It helps to keep the blood vessels from narrowing thereby lowering the blood pressure and improving the blood flow. It is basically intended to reduce the risk of stroke in people with high blood pressure. It is also used to treat kidney problems in patients with type-2 diabetes. People with the following ailments are not suggested to use Cozaar medication: liver disease; kidney disease; low or high levels of potassium in the blood; congestive heart failure or if you are on a salt-restricted diet. A pregnant woman should not use it as it may cause harm to an unborn baby. Sometimes, it may lead to the death of the unborn baby if you take this drug during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. It is not ascertained whether this medication will pass into breast milk or not. It should be used under the strict consultation of your doctor.
The dose of taking this drug may vary from person to person depending on the health conditions of each and every person. Do not take more than the suggested dose. Your health care professional may occasionally change your dose intake to ensure that you get the best results from Cozaar. Take this medication with a glass full of water (8 ounces). It can be taken before or after meals. To know whether this drug is working well or not, your blood pressure will be checked on a regular basis. Along with this, your kidney function will also be tested thoroughly. Do not
miss the regular consultation with the doctor.
If you miss a dose, as soon as remember take it. Do not try to miss any dose. Don’t take extra dose for the missed dose. In case any problem persists, contact your doctor. The possible side effects of taking Cozaar include: feeling light-headed, fainting or slow/fast heartbeat.
People while taking Cozaar should avoid driving because sometimes, Cozaar causes drowsiness and dizziness thereby making you to sleep. Also avoid taking alcohol. Don’t use the potassium supplements while on treatment with Cozaar unless and otherwise suggested by your doctor.
Side Effects of Cozaar
Serious Side effects include: fast or slow heartbeats; swelling, rapid weight gain; jaundice or yellowing of the skin or eye; feeling light-headed, fainting; difficulty in breathing; dry mouth, restless feeling, nausea, increased urination and etc.
Less serious side effects include: sleep disorders; back pain or leg pain; dry cough;
muscle pain; stomach pain and nausea.