- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- US vice president visits former Nazi concentration camp February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Plane carrying 5 people hits Australian shopping mall February 21, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- Hundreds of Cubans deported after US immigration status end: Cuba February 18, 2017
Cozaar is generally used by people who are suffering from high blood pressure i.e. hypertension. It helps to keep the blood vessels from narrowing thereby lowering the blood pressure and improving the blood flow. It is basically intended to reduce the risk of stroke in people with high blood pressure. It is also used to treat kidney problems in patients with type-2 diabetes. People with the following ailments are not suggested to use Cozaar medication: liver disease; kidney disease; low or high levels of potassium in the blood; congestive heart failure or if you are on a salt-restricted diet. A pregnant woman should not use it as it may cause harm to an unborn baby. Sometimes, it may lead to the death of the unborn baby if you take this drug during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. It is not ascertained whether this medication will pass into breast milk or not. It should be used under the strict consultation of your doctor.
The dose of taking this drug may vary from person to person depending on the health conditions of each and every person. Do not take more than the suggested dose. Your health care professional may occasionally change your dose intake to ensure that you get the best results from Cozaar. Take this medication with a glass full of water (8 ounces). It can be taken before or after meals. To know whether this drug is working well or not, your blood pressure will be checked on a regular basis. Along with this, your kidney function will also be tested thoroughly. Do not
miss the regular consultation with the doctor.
If you miss a dose, as soon as remember take it. Do not try to miss any dose. Don’t take extra dose for the missed dose. In case any problem persists, contact your doctor. The possible side effects of taking Cozaar include: feeling light-headed, fainting or slow/fast heartbeat.
People while taking Cozaar should avoid driving because sometimes, Cozaar causes drowsiness and dizziness thereby making you to sleep. Also avoid taking alcohol. Don’t use the potassium supplements while on treatment with Cozaar unless and otherwise suggested by your doctor.
Side Effects of Cozaar
Serious Side effects include: fast or slow heartbeats; swelling, rapid weight gain; jaundice or yellowing of the skin or eye; feeling light-headed, fainting; difficulty in breathing; dry mouth, restless feeling, nausea, increased urination and etc.
Less serious side effects include: sleep disorders; back pain or leg pain; dry cough;
muscle pain; stomach pain and nausea.