- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxant, which is used to treat pain, tenderness and limited motion caused by muscle spasms. This medication is used along with rest and physical therapy for a limit period of time such as two or three week’s duration. Cyclobenzaprine should not be used if have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, or selegiline within the past fortnight. If used, you may face serious life threatening side effects if you take Cyclobenzaprine before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from the body.
Cyclobenzaprine should not be used if have faced a heart attack recently or if you have a heart rhythm disorder, heart block, congestive heart failure or an overactive thyroid. Cyclobenzaprine should not be stopped suddenly without consulting the doctor. Even if you feel that your problem has been solved then also it should not be stopped suddenly. While on treatment with Cyclobenzaprine avoid drinking alcohol because it may cause unnecessary side effects. Cyclobenzaprine may cause side effects, which may impair your general thinking or reactions.
Dosage of Cyclobenzaprine
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Don’t skip any dose and remember to take the drug at the same time each day. Take the medication with a full glass of water. The normal suggested dose is 3 times each day for a period of 2-3 weeks. Don’t use this medication for more than the suggested duration.
Try to avoid using other medicines that may make you sleepy such as pain medication, cold medicine, muscle relaxers and depression or anxiety) while on treatment with Cyclobenzaprine. If you face any of the following allergic reaction get immediate medical attention: difficulty in breathing; hives; swelling on the face, tongue or throat. Stop taking this drug if you get the following side effects: pounding, fast or uneven heartbeats; sudden numbness or weakness particularly on one side of the body; chest pain or heavy feeling; confusion, weakness, lack of co-ordination; sudden headache, problems with vision, speech or balance; seizure;
easy bruising or bleeding, unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations and etc.
Pregnant women should not use this medication. Children below the age group of 18 years should not use this drug. This is a prescription drug available over the counter and at online stores. Keep this drug at room temperature away from heat and moist. Cyclobenzaprine is available most commonly under the prescription name Flexeril. There are also other brand names to Cyclobenzaprine, which are available
in the market.