- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- The Medicines Company Announces FDA Filing Acceptance of New Drug Application for Intravenous Antibiotic Carbavance (meropenem-vaborbactam) February 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- FDA Expands Indication for Revlimid (lenalidomide) as a Maintenance Treatment for Patients with Multiple Myeloma Following Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (auto-HSCT) February 22, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
Cymbalta is an antidepressant belonging in a drug family called selective serotonin and non noripenephrine uptake inhibitors. Cymbalta essentially corrects the imbalances of chemicals in the brain that would likely result to depression. Cymbalta is also used to treat different kinds of depressive disorders and anxiety problems. Also, it is very essential in treating nerve damage for people with diabetic neuropathy. All in all, it is a popular drug to treat the impact of other diseases that cause depression.
Taking the Right Dosage
It is important to take only the right dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Failing to do so will result in the appearance of side effects or serious implication generally caused by too much dosage. Your doctor knows the risks of the medicine that you are taking. Therefore, it is important for you and the doctor to be in constant communication to get the best results.
As with all capsules, Cymbalta is designed to slowly release the drug into your body. Do not chew or open the delayed-release capsule. Opening the pill will alter its effects and may result to harmful effects. Cymbalta is relatively a slow progress medicine so continue using the drug even though you don’t notice any improvement of your symptoms. It is important not to suspend medication until the doctor
Do not use Cymbalta together with drugs such as an MAO inhibitor such as. This combination can lead to serious and sometimes fatal reactions. You must wait at least 14 days after you stop taking MAO inhibitors before you start taking Cymbalta. The fatal reactions are documented so it is important to be careful in taking this drug.
Before undergoing medication, the doctor should know your medical history. He should be alerted for any allergic reaction to any drugs or if you have live or kidney problems, seizures, or epilepsy. If you have manic depression, your doctor will not likely recommend Cymbala. Doctors also take caution when the patient has a history of drug addiction or has a history of suicidal tendencies. These risk factors will likely cause you to take other medicines, or the doctor will prescribe a modified dosage from the usual. Your doctor might require for special testing to
make sure that you go along with you treatment well.