- FBI’s Comey knocks the Patriots to make a point about the Kremlin’s grudge against Clinton March 20, 2017
- Here are the top 10 dog breeds of 2016 March 21, 2017
- Why Feeling Tired May Be Harmful to Your Health March 21, 2017
- Breast Implants: Update – Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) March 21, 2017
- Array BioPharma Announces Withdrawal of NDA for Binimetinib Monotherapy for the Treatment of NRAS-Mutant Melanoma March 18, 2017
- FDA Approves Xadago (safinamide) as an Add-On Treatment for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease March 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Juvéderm Vollure XC for Correction of Facial Wrinkles and Folds in Adults March 20, 2017
- Study Says Drug Cuts Cholesterol and Reduces Heart Attacks, But It’s Not Cheap March 17, 2017
- Man killed after trying to grab soldier’s gun at Paris airport March 18, 2017
- Campaign heats up to make heroin-overdose reversal drug available everywhere March 18, 2017
Doxycycline is a drug used for treating different kids of bacterial infection. With the recent anthrax scare, Doxycycline is important in preventing or slowing down the advances of anthrax after exposure. As a bacterial treatment agent, doctors also recommend Doxycycline for other physical conditions which may not be listed in its advertised usage.
Doxycycline works by slowing the production of protein that is needed by the bacteria to grow. This slowdown will allow the body’s defense mechanism which includes white blood cells to kill the bacteria. Doxycycline especially helps the immune system by giving them more time recover before the bacteria increase in numbers and strengthens its infection.
Doxycycline should not be used if the patient is allergic to any component of the drug or other drugs closely related to it. Your doctor should know any history of allergies to make sure that you will not be having any allergic reaction right after taking the drug. Similarly, you are not allowed to take Doxycycline if you are taking birth control pills or penicillin. The doctor should know what effects Doxycycline can do to your body.
Some physical conditions will restrict the patient from taking in Doxycycline. This is especially true for pregnant women as it may endanger both the mother and the fetus. Doxycycline is not advisable for breast feeding mothers. If you have diarrhea, digestive infection, or blood disease porpyria, then Doxycycline is not for
Doxycycline also has effects when taken in combination with other drugs. Therefore, it is important that your doctor knows if you are taking other medications. As an example, barbiturates and hydantoins may decrease the effectiveness Doxycycline. Acitretin or isotretinoin may result into side effects like headache and vision problems as it helps increase the pressure in your skull.
Warfarin can increase the effectiveness of Doxycycline. However, it can also increase the action and side effects of the disease. Doctors sometimes allow or recommend the use of Warfarin and Doxycycline at the same time although they certainly have good reasons for it. Finally, if you are using oral contraceptives, Doxycycline may decrease its effectiveness.
Taking the Right Dosage
Doxycycline should be used at the right dosage and at the right schedule of medication. Even if the symptoms subside, continue taking Doxycycline until you finish the length of the medication. Failing to do so might not heal you from the
infection completely, and the bacteria might develop immunity from the drug.