- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
Doxycycline is a drug used for treating different kids of bacterial infection. With the recent anthrax scare, Doxycycline is important in preventing or slowing down the advances of anthrax after exposure. As a bacterial treatment agent, doctors also recommend Doxycycline for other physical conditions which may not be listed in its advertised usage.
Doxycycline works by slowing the production of protein that is needed by the bacteria to grow. This slowdown will allow the body’s defense mechanism which includes white blood cells to kill the bacteria. Doxycycline especially helps the immune system by giving them more time recover before the bacteria increase in numbers and strengthens its infection.
Doxycycline should not be used if the patient is allergic to any component of the drug or other drugs closely related to it. Your doctor should know any history of allergies to make sure that you will not be having any allergic reaction right after taking the drug. Similarly, you are not allowed to take Doxycycline if you are taking birth control pills or penicillin. The doctor should know what effects Doxycycline can do to your body.
Some physical conditions will restrict the patient from taking in Doxycycline. This is especially true for pregnant women as it may endanger both the mother and the fetus. Doxycycline is not advisable for breast feeding mothers. If you have diarrhea, digestive infection, or blood disease porpyria, then Doxycycline is not for
Doxycycline also has effects when taken in combination with other drugs. Therefore, it is important that your doctor knows if you are taking other medications. As an example, barbiturates and hydantoins may decrease the effectiveness Doxycycline. Acitretin or isotretinoin may result into side effects like headache and vision problems as it helps increase the pressure in your skull.
Warfarin can increase the effectiveness of Doxycycline. However, it can also increase the action and side effects of the disease. Doctors sometimes allow or recommend the use of Warfarin and Doxycycline at the same time although they certainly have good reasons for it. Finally, if you are using oral contraceptives, Doxycycline may decrease its effectiveness.
Taking the Right Dosage
Doxycycline should be used at the right dosage and at the right schedule of medication. Even if the symptoms subside, continue taking Doxycycline until you finish the length of the medication. Failing to do so might not heal you from the
infection completely, and the bacteria might develop immunity from the drug.