- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area: USGS February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Republicans take evasive maneuvers to avoid feisty town halls February 18, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Despite gov't claims, 'Dreamer' lawyers say gang ties false February 17, 2017
Elocon is a synthetic gluco-corticoid topical application that comes as an ointment; as a cream and as a lotion in a concentration of 0.1%. Its primary ingredient is Mometasone and has been approved by the FDA in 1987.
Information you should know
Elocon relieves itching and inflammation caused and/or associated by/with variable skin conditions. The gluco-corticoid present in the topical application medicine is the same gluco-corticoid/ cortisol/ hydrocortisone that is produced in the body by the adrenal glands. They are a potent cure for anti-inflammatory actions and suppress the immune response as well.
The gluco-corticoid is also represented as Mometasone. It sometimes causes a burning sensation where applied along with itching, irritation and dryness of skin. It’s absorption may also disrupt the level of glucose in blood, causing problem for diabetics and causing weight gain and fat accumulation as a result of excess gluco-corticoid in the body. Extra supply of gluco-corticoids has been found to disrupt the normal production of cortisol in the human system and decrease testosterone.
Elocon is meant for external use. It mist not be brought in contact with the eyes; the face; the underarms and the groin unless advised. Pregnant women must avoid gluco-corticoids in large doses to stop fetal abnormalities. A doctor must set the dosage if it needs to be given anyway, to reduce potential risks and bring the
Since no conflicts have been noticed between other drugs and topical mometasone, no precautionary measures have been introduced on Elocon’s usage. Its intermediate potency level thus makes it safer than its high potency counterparts.
Directions for taking Elocon
Mometasone cream/ointment/lotion is applied in a thin strip on the affected area daily for two to four times and then massaged gently till it disappears through the skin. Use Elocon Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. However, it is important to wash the hands after application, unless the hands also come under the area to be treated. Upon missing a dose of the Elocon Cream, the missed dose should be taken as soon as it is remembered but care also needs to be taken that there is sufficient time left between it and the next dose. If it is almost time for the next one, the missed dose should be skipped and the regular dosing schedule is to be followed. It is
suggested not to use 2 doses at the same time.