- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- ‘A Serbian Trap’: Freezing conditions in Belgrade are not the biggest problem for refugees in Belgrade February 21, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Malaysia detains woman, seeking others in connection with North Korean murder February 15, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Actelion, being bought by J&J, says full year core net income rose 27 percent February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Australia struggles to improve lives of indigenous population February 13, 2017
- Big China city says many poultry markets infected with bird flu: media February 11, 2017
Enablex is an anti-cholinergic i.e. it releases and activates acetylcholine or any other similar type of neurotransmitter and is available in 7.5 mg and 15 mg doses in extended release tablet form. It’s prime components are Darifenacin hydrobromide -a strong receptor antagonist – that stays along with Di-basic calcium phosphate anhydrous, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide, tri-acetin and FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake, the latter being available only in the 15-mg tablet.
Darifenacin is responsible for relieving the bladder spasms, which stand as the symptoms for urinary frequency, urinary incontinence and urinary urgency. It is an effective muscarinic receptor antagonist that plays an important role in a large variety of functions that are cholinergically mediated; that includes functions like urinary bladder contractions; spasms of the smooth muscles and a stimulated secretion of the salivary glands.
Information you should know
Enablex is for treating overactive bladder (OAB) in adults. Enablex provides relief from OAB symptoms by affecting certain receptors on the urinary bladder that stay responsible for involuntary muscle spasms. The medicine imparts control on the bladder muscle to restore back control once again, thus putting a stop to urgency, urinary incontinence and urinary frequency. Multiple oral administration of the medicine in healthy adults has showed darifenacin’s peak plasma concentrations reached within seven hours after dosing while a steady state of plasma concentrations was achieved on the sixth day after the dosing.
The side effects that show up most frequently are a dry mouth and mild abdominal pain caused by constipation and indigestion during the first two weeks after treatment begin. Other common side effects are a blurred vision and heat
prostration due to decreased sweating in a hot environment.
Enables often conflicts with other medicines including vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements. Thus, those under medication of Nizoral, Sporonox or are taking anti-fungal medicines, antibiotics, antiviral medicines, depression-treating medicines and cardiac medications must let know the physician they are visiting beforehand.
Enablex must be avoided by people suffering from urinary retention; gastric retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma and are allergic to any of the Enablex ingredients.
Directions for taking Enablex
Must be taken daily as per the dosage set by a physician and should be swallowed whole anytime of the day. However, a missed dose must not be followed up but to be had the next day as a normal dose. Overdoses may result in serious toxic