- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
- Abbott Laboratories may see boost from St. Jude’s acquisition: Barron’s February 12, 2017
Fluticasone is a steroid that is sold under the brand name of Fonase and prevents inflammations resulting from certain substances released in the body. It also stops allergic nasal symptoms like congestion, sneezing and running nose.
Information you should know
Fluticasone nasal gives rise to adverse effects in combination with antibiotics and HIV medicines, thus must be avoided during the tenure of the treatment. It may also induce severe and/or chronic nose bleeds, problems with vision, sores in the nasal tract, fever, chills, body aches or flu. Fluticasone nasal lowers the white blood cell count at times, thus chances of catching an infection may rise. Being a steroid, it can also hamper growth in children.
Fluticasone nasal can give rise to allergic conditions if it conflicts with certain drugs required for treating glaucoma, cataracts, herpes simplex virus and tuberculosis. The drug belongs to FDA pregnancy category C and is thus harmful to fetuses. It can also prove harmful upon a contact with the eyes.
Apart from the severe side effects described above, Flonase may also initiate mild headache, back pain, minor nosebleed, fever, cough, a sore throat and sores or
Directions for taking Flonase
The medicine bottle must be shaken well every time before usage and must be stored in a cool area free from moisture in an upright position till 120 sprays are over, after which, it should be discarded. The medication is to be used exactly as it has been prescribed, which is 1 to 2 sprays into each nostril once per day usually. The medicine may require several days to show its effects but if symptoms do not go away within a week of treatment, it should be brought under medical attention.
The spray pump requires priming before it is put into use and shall require 6 test sprays into the air before administering the drug. In case of an extended non-usage, the same is advised till a fine mist appears. The drug administering also requires regular medical supervision throughout the medication tenure and in case a dosage is missed, it should be taken as soon as it is remembered but not if the supplemental dose is too close to the next scheduled dose. In case of an overdose, emergency medical attention is required though there shall not be any life threatening symptoms. However, the medication should be avoided if any other vitamins, minerals or herbal products are being administered apart from the
antibiotics during the period of medication.