- A Life-Threatening Disease Destroyed Her Nose March 27, 2017
- Trump on the health care vote: ‘I hope that it’s going to all work out’ March 22, 2017
- 5 Health Risks of Breast Implants March 23, 2017
- Twisting arms for Obamacare repeal, Trump warns Republicans the voters are watching March 21, 2017
- 6 Things To Know About Male Eating Disorders March 21, 2017
- A catalogue of terror in France March 19, 2017
- Peru struggles with devastating El Niño flooding March 20, 2017
- Man killed after trying to grab soldier’s gun at Paris airport March 18, 2017
- Trump to Merkel: ‘Perhaps’ Obama wiretapped us both March 17, 2017
- Campaign heats up to make heroin-overdose reversal drug available everywhere March 18, 2017
FUNGAL INFECTIONS DESCRIPTION
A fungal infection is a type of infection that is caused by the growth of fungi. Fungi consist of microscopic organisms that can’t produce their own food. As a result they grow on other organisms and act as parasites. Fungi consist of moulds, yeast and mildews. Let us now have a look at the different types of fungi infections.
Athletes foots is more common in men then women. The infection takes place in the web spaces between the toes. Those who go for swimming regularly have more chances of getting athletes foot. The infection can quickly spread to the bottom and top of the feet.
Jock itch is again very common in boys and men. The infection is normally found in the groin area as well as the buttocks, inner thighs and also the lower abdomen. There are red rashes as well as blisters. The infected skin may also thicken after sometime.
It is one of the most common types of fungal infections. Symptoms include red scaly patches on the skin in the shape of a ring, hence the name ringworm. Ringworm should be treated with creams prescribed by the doctor as the use of a wrong cream can worsen the situation. You are more prone to getting ringworm if your parents suffer or have suffered from fungal infections or if you are playing contact sports regularly.
This type of infection occurs on the face and one of the most common causes may be the pet that you have at home. Face fungus is in the form of scaling on the skin which may be like a shape of the ring. There will also be a continuous, itching sensation that may worsen if the skin is exposed under the sun for a long time.
This type of fungal infection occurs on skin that is warm, oily and moist. Yeast begins to grow in small colonies on the surface of the skin. The skin color changes due to acidic discharge by the yeast. The skin may become pal brown. The infection is often caused on the neck, back, upper arms and the upper chest. The patches are either round or oval. The infection is as common in women as it is in men. The rashes can be white, red or brown.