- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
- Looming Obamacare repeal stokes women’s fears February 10, 2017
- Residents say 1st atom bomb test caused cancer cases February 10, 2017
- Bolivia reports first yellow fever case in a decade February 10, 2017
- Laundry pods cause large portion of chemical eye burns in kids February 9, 2017
- Sanderson Farms shareholder proposal on antibiotics fails February 9, 2017
FUNGAL INFECTIONS DESCRIPTION
A fungal infection is a type of infection that is caused by the growth of fungi. Fungi consist of microscopic organisms that can’t produce their own food. As a result they grow on other organisms and act as parasites. Fungi consist of moulds, yeast and mildews. Let us now have a look at the different types of fungi infections.
Athletes foots is more common in men then women. The infection takes place in the web spaces between the toes. Those who go for swimming regularly have more chances of getting athletes foot. The infection can quickly spread to the bottom and top of the feet.
Jock itch is again very common in boys and men. The infection is normally found in the groin area as well as the buttocks, inner thighs and also the lower abdomen. There are red rashes as well as blisters. The infected skin may also thicken after sometime.
It is one of the most common types of fungal infections. Symptoms include red scaly patches on the skin in the shape of a ring, hence the name ringworm. Ringworm should be treated with creams prescribed by the doctor as the use of a wrong cream can worsen the situation. You are more prone to getting ringworm if your parents suffer or have suffered from fungal infections or if you are playing contact sports regularly.
This type of infection occurs on the face and one of the most common causes may be the pet that you have at home. Face fungus is in the form of scaling on the skin which may be like a shape of the ring. There will also be a continuous, itching sensation that may worsen if the skin is exposed under the sun for a long time.
This type of fungal infection occurs on skin that is warm, oily and moist. Yeast begins to grow in small colonies on the surface of the skin. The skin color changes due to acidic discharge by the yeast. The skin may become pal brown. The infection is often caused on the neck, back, upper arms and the upper chest. The patches are either round or oval. The infection is as common in women as it is in men. The rashes can be white, red or brown.