- Flight Attendant Suspended After Confrontation On Video April 22, 2017
- Myths about Narcolepsy Debunked April 23, 2017
- Psychic Lawyer Mark Anthony Tackles Unsolved Murder Case April 23, 2017
- SCOTUS Takes On Critical Separation of Church and State Case April 19, 2017
- The 17-Year-Old Girl Unable to Digest Food April 20, 2017
- This New Mom Expertly Clapped Back After a Stranger Gave Her Unsolicited Weight Loss Advice April 19, 2017
- Organic Herbal Supply Supplement Products: Recall – Undeclared Drug Ingredients April 19, 2017
- Can an Injection Cure Joint Pain? April 17, 2017
- Novartis CAR-T Cell Therapy CTL019 Receives FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Treatment of Adult Patients with r/r DLBCL April 18, 2017
- Peace along the border despite N. Korean threats April 16, 2017
GROWTH HORMONE INFORMATION
Human growth hormone is a hormone which directly influences the growth of cells, bones, muscles and organs in the body.
It is produced in the pituitary gland inside the brain and is produced in abundance. Production of the growth hormone starts when a baby is born and peaks during adolescence when growth rate is accelerated. Daily secretion reduces as age advances. Growth hormone is also called somatropin.
Significance of Human Growth Hormone
When a child brain secretes insufficient amounts of the human growth hormone he remains a dwarf and too much makes him a giant. When a child or individual has in sufficient levels of the growth hormone medications need to be introduced to supplement the natural production. When the natural secretion is too much it has to be suppressed.
Forms of Medication
To correct deficiencies of Human Growth Hormone medication can be prescribed. This Human Growth Hormone medication can be in the firm of a sub-lingual spray, which is taken under the tongue. It could also be in tablet form or as injectable HGH – Human Growth Hormone form. Of all the various forms of medication the injectable form is said to be the most effective and can be taken by
sub-coetaneous or intramuscular injection.
Other uses of Human Growth Hormone
Growth Hormone can be used for other treatment aside from increasing height and growth. Growth hormones can be used to improve muscle strength and reduce body fat. It has been shown to be of help in Aids patients as it maintains muscle mass. Growth hormone is also used for patients with short bowel syndrome to lessen the need for intravenous nutrition. It has also been claimed to slow the ageing process.
In adults side effects could include, joint pain, fluid retention and compression symptoms. It has also been indicated with weak evidence that growth hormone
treatment increases the risk of diabetes and cancer.