- Two hurt in police gun accident at Hollande event March 1, 2017
- George W. Bush: A free press checks the ‘addictive’ power of the presidency February 27, 2017
- Are Plant Proteins Complete Proteins? February 25, 2017
- Understanding the GOP's Latest ACA Replacement Plan February 24, 2017
- How Health Savings Accounts Work February 24, 2017
- Exposure to Bacteria, Fungi, and Viruses Could Influence Childhood Asthma Risk February 24, 2017
- Great Tech Bargains for Outdoor Enthusiasts February 24, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- Pakistan airline denies passengers forced to stand February 25, 2017
- Alt-Oscars: Trump backers tuning out Academy Awards, because Meryl Streep February 26, 2017
It has been estimated that more than 80 million people in the US suffer from herpes. One in every five people in the States suffers from genital herpes. So, it would not be wrong to say that herpes has turned out to become an epidemic in the country. It is better we learnt a few things about herpes NOW. Herpes is a very common viral infection that causes oral lesions or sore in and around the genital area. The oral herpes is marked by fever blisters or cold sores. In case of the second one, there are sores in the genital or below the waist.
Common causes of herpes
Two minds of viruses have been detected that cause herpes – the Herpes Simplex Type 1 (HSV-1) and Herpes Simplex Type 2 (HSV-2). Either of the viruses can cause both mouth and genital herpes. The disease is almost impossible to be caused from use of toilets, towels, or other things of the diseased person as the virus dies as soon as it is outside a living body. The chief reason for acquiring Herpes is sexual contact with a person who is suffering from herpes.
How prevent Herpes?
Following a few simple instructions can minimize the chance your getting affected by the disease. Be careful while having sex with your partner, as often presence of herpes is not that easily detectable. These involve using proper lubricants for gentle, smooth sex instead of abrasive and vigorous sex; not ejaculating inside the partner in case there is herpes lesion inside the genital, etc. A good preventor of this problem is good amount of sleep and proper stress management. Following these steps is all so vital as there isn’t any effective treatment against herpes till date. However, to reduce the pain during the initial days, intaking some analgesics is all you can do.