- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Infant who survived in 1920s sideshow incubator dies at 96 February 24, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- Australia struggles to improve lives of indigenous population February 13, 2017
Hyzaar is a treatment of high blood pressure using a combination of losartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
How it works
Losartan is a new class of blood pressure medication that prevents the hormone angiotensin 11 from constricting or blocking the blood vessels making the blood to flow freely. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic (water pill) that is used to increase the output of urine and helping the kidney remove excess fluid in the body and thus lowers blood pressure.
Hyzaar does not cure high blood pressure, it only helps maintain or keep it under control. For it to work properly it has to be taken regularly even if you feel well. It may take several weeks before the benefits of the drugs could be felt as it works
Take Hyzaar according to recommendation on the label or according to a doctor’s prescription. Do not take the drug in amounts larger than prescribed. If a dose is missed do not try to make up for it. If you ever take or feel you have taken an over dose seek medical help.
What to avoid when taking Hyzaar
Hyzaar may impair your thinking or rate of reactions. If taking the drug be careful when you drive or do anything that requires your alertness. Avoid drinking alcohol when using the drug as it can increase the side effect of Hyzaar. Avoid dehydration or becoming overheated during hot weather. Follow doctors’ instructions as to the type of and amounts of liquids you should drink. Drinking too much liquid could be as unsafe as not drinking at all. Unless based on doctors’ recommendation do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements when using Hyzaar.
Using Hyzaar could cause allergic reactions such as; hives; difficulty in breathing; face, lips, tongue or throat swelling. Serious side effects could include feeling light headed, fainting. Swelling, rapid weight gain, pounding heart beats,unusual
urinating habits, jaundice, dry mouth drowsiness and other related illness.