- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- Hundreds of Cubans deported after US immigration status end: Cuba February 18, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
ISOSORBIDE MONONITRATE DESCRIPTION
Isosorbide Mononitrate also called Imdur is a drug used to prevent angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is a crushing chest pain resulting when the flow of much needed oxygen-rich blood to the heart is restricted by partially clogged arteries.
Isosorbide Mononitrate prevents angina heart attack, it does not relieve attacks already underway. For the drug to be most effective it has to be taken regularly and as prescribed. Store at room temperature
Take Isosorbide Mononitrate once a day, when you wake up in the morning. It can be taken with or without food. They should not be chewed or crushed. Instead
they should be swallowed with half a glass of water or liquid.
If you miss a dose
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose skip the one missed and follow the normal regular schedule. Do not take two doses at a time to make up for lost dose.
When not to use
Do not use Isosorbide Mononitrate if you have experienced an allergic reaction to it or to other heart medications containing nitrates or nitrites. If you have had a recent heart attack you should also not use Isosorbide Mononitrate. If your doctor decides to place you on Isosorbide Mononitrate then your heart and your blood pressure must be closely monitored to avoid potential side effects.
Headache is the most common side effect; usually, aspirin or acetaminophen will relieve the pain. The headaches associated with Imdur usually subside within a short time after treatment with the drug begins. Check with your doctor if your headaches persist or become more intense. Another common side effect is dizziness.
Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, tell your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to
continue taking Imdur.