- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- 'War won't stop us' vow Syria child victims Bana, Abdel February 18, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Trump now owns Obamacare February 15, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
Keppra is an anti-epileptic drug that is used in patients suffering from epilepsy. The drug is used to control seizures that the patient may experience at a certain time. Keppra is used to treat myoclonic seizures as well as tonic-clonic seizures.
Things you should know about Keppra.
It is advised that the patient does not stop taking the drug without consulting the doctor. The patient should not stop taking the drug just because he is feeling better. It is advisable to complete the dose as prescribed by the doctor. Research has shown that patients who stopped taking the drug suddenly had experienced periodic seizures. It is best that the doctor or any other medical care personnel should know that the patient is taking Keppra.
It is advisable not to take the drug if you are allergic to certain conditions such as levetiracetam. Hence it is best to tell the doctor as to which medications you are allergic to. Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy. This is because the drug can be harmful to an unborn baby as medication can pass through breast milk when breastfeeding the baby. The medication should not be
given to children who are less than 6 years old (without consulting the doctor).
You should take the medication exactly as per the doctor’s instructions. You should refrain from taking the medication in lesser or larger amounts than prescribed by the doctor. Also take the medication on time. Always drink a full glass of water while taking the medication. You can use a spoon or a cup or even a dose measuring device to ensure that you are taking the right quantity. The medication can be taken with or without food. Read all the instruction on the medication as well before taking the medication. Always consult the doctor if you have any doubts.
If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, you can take the medication as soon as you remember. In case it is time for the next dose, then you skip the missed dose and then continue to take the dose as per schedule. Do not make up for your missed dose by taking extra medication.
If you overdose
Symptoms like aggression, agitation, shallow breathing may be experienced if you miss a dose. Hence you should seek medical help if he has taken more dosage than
prescribed by the doctor.