- EPA chief Pruitt appeals to ‘civility’ but fails to quell environmentalists’ concerns February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- ‘A Serbian Trap’: Freezing conditions in Belgrade are not the biggest problem for refugees in Belgrade February 21, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Marathon pauses Duchenne drug launch amid price outcry February 13, 2017
Ketamine is a drug used as anesthesia in surgical procedures. The drug is normally used before the surgery is conducted on the patient. It can also be used for certain procedures that do not require muscle relaxation. The drug should be used exactly as per the instructions of the doctor. The drug works by inhibiting certain pathways of the brain so that feeling of pain is subsidized.
You should always consult his doctor before taking the drug. You should refrain from taking the drug in case you are allergic to any ingredient in Ketamine. Also Ketamine may lead to increased blood pressure and hence it is best not to take the drug if you are not comfortable with increased blood pressure.
You should refrain from taking the drug in case you have any of the medical conditions stated below.
* If you are allergic to any medicines, food and other substances.
* If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant soon.
* If you are taking any prescription medications as well as other herbal or homeopathy medications.
* If you had any injuries in the brain or any problems related to the heart like blood pressure.
* If you drink alcoholic drinks regularly every day.
Always consult your health service provider if you are taking other mediations. Also consult your service provider whether taking Ketamine with other medications may have any adverse effects. Always consult your service provider before you start or stop to take any medication.
* Ketamine should be used only after consulting the doctor properly.
* The drug is usually administered through an injection.
* See to it that the Ketamine vial is not cracked and the liquid does not appear discolored.
* The drug should be kept well out of reach of small children.
* The needles should not be used again. The syringes and the needles should be disposed off immediately after use.
* The drug should not be taken on an empty stomach.
* You should consult your doctor immediately if you miss a dose.
* Refrain from driving a vehicle for 24 hour as Ketamine may induce drowsiness in an individual.
Ketamine may cause side effects in the patient like drowsiness, confusion, anxiety, nauseau and mood changes. If any of the side effects persist for long, you can consult your doctor immediately. Severe side effects may be sometimes experienced by the patient such as tightness in chest, swelling, pain and heaviness