- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- China, India account for half world’s pollution deaths in 2015: study February 14, 2017
- U.S. Representatives vote against D.C. assisted suicide law February 13, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
Lamisil is a common type of anti fungal medicine that is used treat fungal infections. Lamisil is an antibiotic usually given by the doctor to a patient suffering from fungal infection in the fingernails as well as the toenails.
Information you should know
You have to finish the course that has been prescribed by the doctor and you should not stop taking the medication just because you feel better. In many cases the symptoms begin to decrease before the infection is completely cured. Research shows that in very rare cases consumption of Lamisil has resulted in liver damage. You may experience side effects such as nausea, vomiting, yellow eyes and itching. You should consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above.
Consult your doctor
You should consult your doctor if you are suffering from allergic reactions, any type of kidney diseases, any type of liver disease or blood related problems. The doctor may advice against taking the medication if you are suffering from the above mentioned disorders. In case you are pregnant or planning to have a child, then you should consult your doctor before taking this medication. Research shows that Lamisil does not harm an unborn baby. While breastfeeding, the medication may pass through breast milk to the baby and hence it is best to consult
Lamisil should be taken exactly as per the instructions of the doctor. The medication should be taken with a full glass of water. You should continue the course as prescribed even if you feel better. The symptoms may decrease even before the infection is completely healed. The infection may take two or three months to heal completely.
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, you can take it as soon as you remember. In case it is time for the next dose, then don’t take the missed dose and take the next dose as prescribed. Do not take double dose just because you missed one dose.
Seek medical help immediately if you overdose. Overdose may lead to symptoms such as rash, abdominal pain, frequent urination, etc.
Side effects of Lamisil include swelling of lips and tongue and also closing of the throat. In very rare cases, Lamisil has led to liver damage. There maybe other side effects of lesser intensity like stomach upset, headache and diarrhea. Consult your
doctor if you are taking other medications such as Neoral and Rimactane.