- Officer tried for black man's death: I need public defender February 27, 2017
- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- Five things to listen for in Trump’s big speech February 28, 2017
- Great Tech Bargains for Outdoor Enthusiasts February 24, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Philippines condemns 'barbaric beheading' of German hostage February 27, 2017
- Pakistan airline denies passengers forced to stand February 25, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- Georgia woman wages single-handed fight for open government February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
Lanoxin is a type of medication used to treat disorders related to the heart such as congestive heart failure and irregular heartbeats. The medication is used to make the heart beat regularly and strongly.
Consulting your doctor
You should consult your doctor in case you are suffering from any type of kidney disease or thyroid disease. You should also consult your doctor in case you are already taking other heart medication. Consultation of the doctor is also necessary in case you are pregnant or you are soon planning to be pregnant. This is because Lanoxin may pass to the baby through breast milk. You may experience side effects if you are above 65years of age.
Information you should know
You should not stop taking Lanoxin suddenly just because the symptoms have subsidized. This is because your condition might become worse than before if you stop taking the medication suddenly. It is best to take this medication for the number of days as prescribed by the doctor as it helps to make your heart beat properly. In case you are going on a vacation, then you should keep enough stock of Lanoxin with you. You can learn from the doctor as to how to monitor your heart
rate so that you can take the medication when the heart rate is not stable.
You should take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Each dose of the medication should be taken with a full glass of water. Everyday the medication should be taken at the same time. Store the medication at room temperature away from the reach of children.
Missing a dose
If twelve hours have not passed since you missed a dose, then you can take the medication when you remember. However, if twelve hours have already passed since you missed the dose, you can continue with the next dose. Never take a double dose of Lanoxin just because you missed one dose.
Consult a doctor immediately in case of overdose. Overdose of the drug may lead to nauseau, vomiting, yellow vision and irregular heartbeats.
Restrictions while taking medication
There are normally no restrictions to be maintained in terms of food intake unless directed by the doctor.
Side effects of Lanoxin include abnormally fast heartbeats, slow heartbeats, headache and abnormal behavior. Less serious side effects include dizziness,
vomiting,drowsiness and decreased sex drive.