- Flight Attendant Suspended After Confrontation On Video April 22, 2017
- Myths about Narcolepsy Debunked April 23, 2017
- Virginia governor: Man is guilty, but shouldn't be executed April 21, 2017
- SCOTUS Takes On Critical Separation of Church and State Case April 19, 2017
- Man Beats Deadly Pancreatic Cancer April 20, 2017
- Not Guilty by Reason of Brain Tumors? April 20, 2017
- The 17-Year-Old Girl Unable to Digest Food April 20, 2017
- Katherine Heigl Had a Really Tough Time Coming Up With a Name for Her Son April 20, 2017
- This New Mom Expertly Clapped Back After a Stranger Gave Her Unsolicited Weight Loss Advice April 19, 2017
- Peace along the border despite N. Korean threats April 16, 2017
Lescol is a drug that is often used to lower the levels of excess cholesterol in the body. The medication works it way by blocking the production of excess cholesterol in the body. The medication plays an important role in eliminating total cholesterol in the blood. People suffering from cholesterol also suffer from other disorders such as heart disease and hardening of the veins and arteries, eventually leading to heart attack.
Information you should know
Research shows that in a few cases, consumption of Lescol has led to breakdown of muscle tissue which my eventually lead to kidney failure. You may also experience other effects as well such as muscle weakness, slight fever and muscle pain. You can consult your doctor if any of the side effects persist for long.
Do not take the medication in case you are pregnant or if you are planning to have a child. This is because the medication can cause birth defects in the unborn child. Hence consult your doctor immediately in case you become pregnant while the treatment is going on. Do not take Lescol even at the stage of breastfeeding your
baby as the drug can pass to the baby through the milk.
You should also consult your doctor in case you are suffering from disorders such as kidney disease, muscle disorder and diabetes before taking the medication. Lescol works best when you follow cholesterol lowering diet plan. Hence avoid oily foods and foods that are high in fat. Also avoid drinking alcohol when you are taking the medication. In case you are taking other drugs, you should consult your doctor.
Lescol should be taken exactly as per the prescription of the doctor. Do not take over dosage of the medication and also don’t take it longer than prescribed. Always take Lescol with a glass full of water. Swallow the whole pill and do not chew on it or break it. It is best to take Lescol with your meal. During the course of medication you may have to visit the doctor regularly for blood checks.
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, you can take it when you remember it. If it is time for the next dose, then you can just skip the missed dose. Do not ever take extra medication to cover up for the missed dose.
Consult your doctor immediately in case you overdose.
Side effects may include weakness in the body, fever and muscle pain.