- Trump supporters rip Hollywood, gleefully celebrate #Oscarfail February 27, 2017
- Understanding the GOP's Latest ACA Replacement Plan February 24, 2017
- Exposure to Bacteria, Fungi, and Viruses Could Influence Childhood Asthma Risk February 24, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
Levaquin belongs to Fluoroquinolones group of medicines and is used to treat various bacterial infections that cause bronchitis, pneumonia, chlamydia, gonorrhea, skin infections, urinary tract infections, and infections of the prostate. Levaquin is meant for use by the adults, as it is widely believed that the drug may interfere with the natural process of bone development in a child. If you have kidney problems, epilepsy, seizures, brain tumor, or a family history of Long QT syndrome, inform your doctor before he prescribes Levaquin for your condition. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers too need doctor’s clearance before they can take Levaquin.
Levaquin tablet or syrup should be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after the meals with a glass of water. The intake of water should be more to prevent crystals formation in the urine. In case, you’ve missed the dose and are 2 hours late in taking your medicine, skip the missed dose, else you can take it. Make sure that you take the next dose on time. Never indulge in overdosage or drug abuse. Immediately seek medical help if you think that you have taken more
medicine than prescribed.
Some serious side effects associated with Levaquin include breathing trouble, swelling on facial organs like lips, tongue or throat, hives, seizures, tremors, skin rashes, diarrhea, numbness, and stomach pain. In all these situations, medical attention is desperately required to assess the present as well as the future course of action. Less serious side effects of Levaquin include nausea, dizziness, restlessness, vaginal itching or discharge, and mild skin itching. Drug contraindications are also relevant before taking Levaquin, therefore, let your doctor know beforehand as to what kind of drugs you’ve been taking from the recent months. The doctor may either not prescribe Levaquin or may require you to
undergo certain tests to check your suitability to the drug.