- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- 'War won't stop us' vow Syria child victims Bana, Abdel February 18, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
Levoxyl is a drug used to replace the body’s natural thyroid hormone. A hormone by the name of Levothyroxine is produced naturally by the thyroid gland in the body. The hormone plays the vital task of maintaining normal energy and metabolism in the body. The drug Levoxyl is also used to treat and prevent the occurrence of goiter in the body. Goiter refers to a condition where the thyroid gland enlarges abnormally. Goiter can be caused due to a variety of reasons like cancer, radiation therapy and hormonal imbalances.
Information you should know
Take the medication exactly as per the prescription of the doctor. Do not stop taking the medication without the permission of the doctor. The medication, in fact has to be taken for the rest of the life to continuously replace the thyroid hormone that your body has ceased to produce. You will have to take the medication every single day even if you feel better. Also refrain from changing the brand of Levoxyl
or the quantity of the dose before asking your doctor.
Patients who should not take Levoxyl
The medication should not be taken by patients who are suffering from other hormonal imbalances that are being treated already. Patients with diseases related to the heart should specially consult their doctor as they have to be closely monitored during treatment with Levoxyl. Similarly patients with diabetes may need close monitoring as well while taking Levoxyl. Patients who are pregnant or who breastfeed their child should also consult their doctor. Normally there have been no cases of Levoxyl being harmful to a breastfed child.
Steps for taking Levoxyl
The medication should be taken exactly as per the doctor’s prescription. Ask your doctor for any directions that you fail to understand. Each dose of Levoxyl should be taken with a full glass of water. The medication should be taken at more or less the same time every day. Do not stop taking the medication just because you feel better. Always consult your doctor before stopping the use of Levoxyl. Do not change the brand of the medication without consulting your doctor. Your doctor has diagnosed your condition and he knows what is best for you. The medication should be stored at room temperature and should be kept away from extreme heat or moisture.
If you miss a dose
If you miss a dose, you can take the dose as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then you can skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to
make up for the missed dose.