- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vice President Pence downplays concerns over disruptions to health care February 23, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Nigeria urges AU to intervene over 'SAfrica killings' February 20, 2017
- Pence offers 'unwavering' NATO pledge, leaves open questions February 18, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- US used depleted uranium rounds in anti-IS air strikes: military February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- Trump administration proposes stricter Obamacare rules February 15, 2017
Lodine is the brand name of Etodolac, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or NSAIDS. Lodine finds application in the treatment of fever, inflammation and pain in the body. Lodine has found to be extremely effective in treating moderate pains such as menstrual cramps, arthritis, injury and several other musculoskeletal diseases.
Why is Lodine administered?
Lodine is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which is readily available in the market in the form of Lodine XL. Lodine is extensively used to treat inflammation, stiffness, swelling, osteoarthritis as well as rheumatoid arthritis. Lodine is also used as a pain killer in case of muscle cramps and other kinds of pain.
Things to keep in mind before Lodine administration: -
The patient must not exceed the Lodine dose as prescribed by the doctor as Lodine can cause ulcers and several other complications.
How to take Lodine?
Lodine should not be taken in an empty stomach. It should be taken either with food or antacid along with a glass full of water. Lodine will show its effects within one or two weeks. In case you have missed one dose, take the medicine as soon as
What are the probable side effects associated with Lodine?
There are various types of side effects associated with Lodine which include abdominal pain, constipation, blurred vision, black stools, chills, depression, dizziness, diarrhea, fever, increased frequency of urination, gas, itching, indigestion, rash, nausea, painful urination, nervousness, general weakness of the body, vomiting, ringing in ears, ulcers, blood in stools, etc.
Why should this drug be avoided?
In case you are allergic to Lodine or aspirin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Motrin, it will be best for you to avoid this medication. Administration of Lodine in such cases may cause severe allergic reactions which might prove to be fatal. If you experience any kind of allergic reactions due to this
drug then contact the emergency help service as soon as possible.