- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
Lotrel is also known as Amlodipine. Lotrel belongs to a group of drugs that are known as calcium channel blockers. The primary function of Lotrel is to improve blood flow in the body by widening the blood vessels such as veins and arteries. The medication also helps the body against retaining water for long in the body due to which blood pressure may increase. Hence we can say that the medication is also used to treat high blood pressure.
Information you should know
You should use the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Also consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. This is because the medication can pass on the unborn child and cause birth defects. Also if you become pregnant during taking this medication, then you should stop using it and consult your doctor immediately. Also the medication can cause side effects like dizziness after consuming it. Hence refrain from driving a vehicle or operating a machine for a few hours after taking Lotrel. Also drink at least 8 glasses of water daily while taking Lotrel.
Instructions for dosage
Take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take larger or lesser amounts of the medication than what the doctor has prescribed. You can also read the instructions on the label. The medication can be taken with or without food but see to it that you take the medication with a glass full of water. Taking Lotrel may lead to dehydration because of side effects such as heavy sweating and diarrhea. Hence do drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. Also get your blood pressure checked regularly from your doctor. Get your kidney and liver function
also checked regularly.
In case you are going for any type of surgery while you are taking Lotrel, then you should inform the doctor accordingly. You should store the medication at room temperature away from direct heat and moisture.
If you miss a dose
You should take the missed dose as soon as you remember about it. In case it is time for the next dose, then do not take the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to cover up for the missed dose.
In case of overdose
Overdose may lead to dizziness or light headedness. If these symptoms persist for a long time, then you should seek medical help immediately.
The serious side effects include feeling of tiredness, weight gain, jaundice and
fever. Less serious side effects include vomiting, cough and nausea.