- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Lake Tanganyika area: USGS February 24, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Despite gov't claims, 'Dreamer' lawyers say gang ties false February 17, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
- Gilead challenges GSK with strong HIV drug data February 14, 2017
- Actelion, being bought by J&J, says full year core net income rose 27 percent February 14, 2017
Lotrisone is also known as Clotrimazole. This medication is an antibiotic which is used to treat infections caused in the body due to fungus. The medications helps to reduce any swelling, rashness and itchiness on the skin. The drug can be used to treat infections like ringworm and athletes foot if it is combined with betamethasone.
Information you should know
Do not cover the area with bandage or tied clothing where you have applied the medication. The medication should not be used on people who are less than 17 years of age. Also the medication should not be used to treat infections like diaper rash. Take the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor. If your symptoms do not improve within one or two weeks, then consult your doctor again. Also refrain from using the medication in lesser or larger amounts than what has been prescribed by the doctor.
Instructions for use
You can read the instructions on the label of the bottle. Read and follow all the directions mentioned on the label carefully. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap before you apply the medication. Shake the bottle well before you use. Apply a layer of the medication on the skin and rub it gently to make a thin film. Do not cover the affected area with cloth or bandage unless suggested by the doctor. If you have to do dressing, then let your skin dry completely after you have applied the lotion. In case you are suffering from athletes foot, then you can wear socks
to keep your feet dry.
Use the medication for 4 weeks and not more unless suggested by the doctor. The medication may take one or two weeks to show its medical benefits. If your condition does not improve at all after two weeks, then you should consult your doctor. Keep the bottle tightly closed at room temperature away from direct heat and moisture.
If you miss a dose
In case you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you remember it. Do not take the missed dose if it is time for the next dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you overdose
Overdose of this medication accidentally does not cause any harmful symptoms. You can seek medical help in case anything wrong happens.
Prevent the medication from going in the eyes, ears or nose. In case the medication goes accidentally in any of the body parts, then you can quickly wash it