- Bright lava lights up Sicilian sky as Mount Etna erupts February 28, 2017
- Man Who Pleaded Guilty to Murdering 15-Month-Old Baby Gets 60 Years in Prison February 27, 2017
- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- Big Pharma Quietly Enlists Leading Professors to Justify $1,000-a-Day Drugs February 23, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Immigration advocates denounce DHS plan to implement Trump executive orders February 21, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
MASSAGE THERAPY INFORMATION
Massage therapy refers to the practice of applying pressure, motion or vibration to the soft tissues of the body which may include the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Massage is generally applied to those parts of the body that experience stress or pain due to one reason or the other. Massage is also used to relieve psychological stress and improve circulation of the blood. Massage can also be used for physiological, mental and mechanical benefits. This type of massage is known as therapeutic massage. Massage can be done according to the western or the eastern methods. Massage can be done with or without clothes. Massage is generally offered professionals known as massage therapists, physical therapists and osteopaths in a professional environment. However people can learn the basic massage methods and practice them at home.
Massage in a professional setting, the client generally lies down on a massage table. The client can also sit on the chair or lie on a pad laid down on the floor. There are many different types of massages such as Barefoot Deep Tissue, Thai Massage, Tui Na and Acupressure. The massage can be done on a person who is clothed or naked. In case the client is naked, a towel or a sheet is draped on the body. Draping is done for those parts of the body that are not massaged. Draping is beneficial as it helps to keep the body warm which helps in the process of
relaxation of body.
Different types of massages
There are different types of massages that have originated in different countries. Lets have a look at some of them.
This massage therapy was introduced in Japan about 1300 years ago. Here there is no use of oil and the massage is done with kneading movements.
This type of massage therapy originated in India about 5000 years ago. It consists of different types of massage therapies along with meditation and yoga. There is the Abhyanga massage that is performed by two therapists by applying herbal oil on the client.
Barefoot deep tissue
This is a type of massage where eastern barefoot techniques are used with western medicine. Hence it is also known as a mix of east and west. The clients have to wear loose clothes and lay down on floors. Oil is not used in the session.
The massage can last anywhere between 2 minutes and an hour.