- Trump fumes about supposedly ‘fake’ polls giving him a dismal approval rating April 24, 2017
- Lawyer for Philippines hit-man files complaint against Duterte at ICC April 24, 2017
- Can Type 2 Diabetes Be Reversed? April 25, 2017
- PBA Is No Laughing Matter April 25, 2017
- Can Type 1 Diabetes Be Reversed? April 23, 2017
- Obama's photographer takes down Sarah Palin with one very classy Instagram photo April 21, 2017
- Man Beats Deadly Pancreatic Cancer April 20, 2017
- The 17-Year-Old Girl Unable to Digest Food April 20, 2017
- Obama attends funeral of ‘great friend’ Dan Rooney April 18, 2017
- This New Mom Expertly Clapped Back After a Stranger Gave Her Unsolicited Weight Loss Advice April 19, 2017
MASSAGE THERAPY INFORMATION
Massage therapy refers to the practice of applying pressure, motion or vibration to the soft tissues of the body which may include the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Massage is generally applied to those parts of the body that experience stress or pain due to one reason or the other. Massage is also used to relieve psychological stress and improve circulation of the blood. Massage can also be used for physiological, mental and mechanical benefits. This type of massage is known as therapeutic massage. Massage can be done according to the western or the eastern methods. Massage can be done with or without clothes. Massage is generally offered professionals known as massage therapists, physical therapists and osteopaths in a professional environment. However people can learn the basic massage methods and practice them at home.
Massage in a professional setting, the client generally lies down on a massage table. The client can also sit on the chair or lie on a pad laid down on the floor. There are many different types of massages such as Barefoot Deep Tissue, Thai Massage, Tui Na and Acupressure. The massage can be done on a person who is clothed or naked. In case the client is naked, a towel or a sheet is draped on the body. Draping is done for those parts of the body that are not massaged. Draping is beneficial as it helps to keep the body warm which helps in the process of
relaxation of body.
Different types of massages
There are different types of massages that have originated in different countries. Lets have a look at some of them.
This massage therapy was introduced in Japan about 1300 years ago. Here there is no use of oil and the massage is done with kneading movements.
This type of massage therapy originated in India about 5000 years ago. It consists of different types of massage therapies along with meditation and yoga. There is the Abhyanga massage that is performed by two therapists by applying herbal oil on the client.
Barefoot deep tissue
This is a type of massage where eastern barefoot techniques are used with western medicine. Hence it is also known as a mix of east and west. The clients have to wear loose clothes and lay down on floors. Oil is not used in the session.
The massage can last anywhere between 2 minutes and an hour.