- Trump receives plan for ramped-up ISIS war February 27, 2017
- Great Tech Bargains for Outdoor Enthusiasts February 24, 2017
- Exercise Proves Key to Preventing Breast Cancer Recurrence February 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Pakistan airline denies passengers forced to stand February 25, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- EPA chief Pruitt appeals to ‘civility’ but fails to quell environmentalists’ concerns February 21, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
Medroxyprogesterone is usually found in pharmacies as acetate pills, 10 mg, in bottles of 30 pieces.
Medroxyprogesterone is a synthetic derived substance from progesterone. It is active if it is taken orally, and it provokes secretor changes favorable to fecundation. Another benefit of Medroxyprogesterone is that it favors the evolution of the placenta and inhibits uterine motility, stimulating the proliferation of the mammal alveolar tissue (it acts after a preliminary phase through estrogens). Besides, it can inhibit ovulation and it is able to correct dysfunctions caused by irregular menstruation, dysmenorrheal behavior, premenstrual syndrome, pre-menopause trouble, hemorrhages in uterine diseases.
Indications and use
It is in general indicated to teenager girls, who suffer from menstrual dysfunctions because of insufficient brain stimulus. It is recommended to take 1 pill, of 10 mg, every day, for 10 days. In the case of adult women whose menstruation is abundant before menopause or during genital period, it is recommended to be taken monthly, 1 pill per day during the last 5-10 days of the menstruation (after a preliminary treatment, during the first three weeks, with estrogen). Another situation when Medroxyprogesterone can be used is in the case of primary
amenorrhea. You can take for this dysfunction 1 pill per day, for 7 days, every 30 – 60 days, associated to estrogenic treatment.
As any drug, Medroxyprogesterone has also side effects. If you notice unpleasant and severe side effects you must immediately let the doctor know and you should either stop the treatment or change the dose or take an equivalent medicine. Such Medroxyprogesterone side effects can be nausea and headache, or sight problems, as well as blood flow problems. Besides it can lead to jaundice or a sort of hepatitis. Severe headaches, acute sight problems, blood flow problems, or any dysfunction which affects the liver must be sign that you have to stop the treatment immediately. Other side effects are allergic reactions, acne, unwanted hair growth, menstruation changes and bleeding. Apart from these, you can notice breasts tension, weight gain, and high progesterone doses can lead to masculine features to feminine embryo and other malformations.
This drug is not recommended if you suffer from current blood flow problems or you have a history of such problems, or if hepatic insufficiency is your problem. Besides, in the case of breast cancer or genital one or in the case of other breasts affections which have not been diagnosed or in the case of suspect vaginal bleeding or pregnancy, you should not take this medicine. Finally you need to be prudent if liquid retention because of salty food you eat can be harmful for your