- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- US vice president visits former Nazi concentration camp February 19, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder by Zimmer Biomet: Class I Recall – High Fracture Rate February 16, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
Meridia is the drug that regulates the synthesis and action of the chemicals related to weight maintenance. It is also used as a short term substitute to diet and exercise in obesity treatment. Besides these, there are several other treatments where Meridia finds application.
Things to consider before undergoing Meridia medication: -
Meridia has the potential to increase the blood pressure in some patients so better check your blood pressure and pulse rate before and during Meridia treatment. Meridia may cause giddiness, concentration problems and restlessness so better be alert while driving or performing any hazardous activities that require lots of concentration. Consult the doctor before taking Meridia drugs as this drug can exhibit various side effects.
In what situations should Meridia be avoided?
Administration of Meridia should be avoided in the following cases: –
• If you have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitor or MAOI such as Marplan, Nardil and Parnate in the past couple of weeks.
• If you are suffering from anorexia nervosa, high blood pressure, heart disease, congestive heart failure, irregular pulse rate, epilepsy, glaucoma, gallstones, liver disease, kidney disease, etc.
• Meridia should be avoided if you have a history of stroke.
• Meridia should better be avoided before and during pregnancy as it falls in FDA pregnancy category C which means that there is no proof whether Meridia can cause any harm to the embryo or not. However, prevention is always better than cure so it is best to avoid such risks.
How to take Meridia?
Meridia should be taken exactly as instructed by your physician. Avoid taking excess amount of this drug as it can lead to serious consequences. Take this medicine along with a glass full of water. The normal dose comprises a single dose per day, however, it is better to consult the doctor and act accordingly. Meridia is known for its potential to increase blood pressure and pulse rate so better get your blood pressure and pulse rate checked on a regular basis.
Side effects associated with Meridia administration: -
There are many side effects associated with this drug which are the following-
• Allergic reactions leading to swelling of face, lips, throat and tongue, breathing problems, hives, etc.
• Irregular heart beat, high blood pressure, restlessness, tremor, insomnia, constipation, nervousness, headache, nausea, vomiting tendency.