- British boy Ashya headed for Spain after cancer therapy October 24, 2014
- AstraZeneca cancer drug pipeline gets boost from European green light October 24, 2014
- Call Uber for a…flu shot October 24, 2014
- Britons had less gum disease in Roman times than today: study October 24, 2014
- Woman isolated in NJ under Ebola rules tests negative October 25, 2014
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment October 25, 2014
- Governor Cuomo did not tell NYC about new Ebola airport rules: mayor October 25, 2014
- Illinois orders mandatory Ebola quarantine for high-risk travelers October 25, 2014
- Mauritania closes border with Mali over Ebola fears October 25, 2014
- Mali seeks to contain Ebola fears after girl dies October 25, 2014
Metronidazole is an antibiotic that fights bacteria and other pathogens in the body. Metronidazole is generally used in the treatment of bacterial infections of stomach, vagina, joints, skin and respiratory tract. Metronidazole is, however, ineffective in curing vaginal yeast infection.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing Metronidazole: -
Complete the entire course of Metronidazole medication as prescribed by the physician. Although your symptoms may get better before completing the entire antibiotic course, however, however, the infection still remains in the body and may reoccur again when suitable condition arises. During the course of treatment, it is better to avoid alcohol consumption as this may cause adverse effects on your health such as redness of skin, fast heartbeats, nausea, vomiting and a tingly feeling. Metronidazole should not be prescribed for patients who are pregnant or allergic to this medicine. Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following diseases: –
• Liver disease
• Nerve disorders
• Blood cell disorders such as leucopenia or anemia.
• Stomach or intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease.
• Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
How to take this drug?
You should take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Make sure that you do not exceed the dose as it may cause adverse effects on your health. This medicine should be taken in an empty stomach – at least an hour before a meal or a couple of hours after the meal. Gulp down the Metronidazole tablet as a whole without crushing or breaking it as it has been specially made for its slow release inside the body. Complete the entire course of this medicine.
What are the possible side effects of Metronidazole?
Metronidazole antibiotic exhibits the following side effects: –
• Allergic reactions leading to hives, swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue, breathing problems.
• Fever, body aches, chills, flu symptoms, sore throat.
• Bloody or watery diarrhea
• White patches inside the mouth or on lips
• Numbness in the hands and feet
• Pain during micturition
• Nausea, stomach pain, headache, dizziness.
• Vaginal discharge or itching
• Dry mouth and unpleasant taste in the mouth.