- Here’s What to Eat to Lower Inflammation January 26, 2015
- Safety concerns cloud early promise of powerful new cancer drugs January 26, 2015
- U.S. government unveils goal to move Medicare away from fee-for-service January 26, 2015
- FDA names cardiologist to senior leadership position January 26, 2015
- Canada resident tests positive for H7N9 avian flu virus January 26, 2015
- Liberia Ebola vaccine trial "challenging" as cases tumble January 25, 2015
- Tide turning in Ebola fight after hard lessons January 24, 2015
- UK nurse who contracted Ebola recovers, leaves hospital January 24, 2015
- Overrated Exercises, And The Moves You Should Do Instead January 24, 2015
- Gates sees "miracle" tools for AIDS by 2030 in vaccine and drugs January 24, 2015
Metronidazole is an antibiotic that fights bacteria and other pathogens in the body. Metronidazole is generally used in the treatment of bacterial infections of stomach, vagina, joints, skin and respiratory tract. Metronidazole is, however, ineffective in curing vaginal yeast infection.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing Metronidazole: -
Complete the entire course of Metronidazole medication as prescribed by the physician. Although your symptoms may get better before completing the entire antibiotic course, however, however, the infection still remains in the body and may reoccur again when suitable condition arises. During the course of treatment, it is better to avoid alcohol consumption as this may cause adverse effects on your health such as redness of skin, fast heartbeats, nausea, vomiting and a tingly feeling. Metronidazole should not be prescribed for patients who are pregnant or allergic to this medicine. Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following diseases: –
• Liver disease
• Nerve disorders
• Blood cell disorders such as leucopenia or anemia.
• Stomach or intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease.
• Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
How to take this drug?
You should take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Make sure that you do not exceed the dose as it may cause adverse effects on your health. This medicine should be taken in an empty stomach – at least an hour before a meal or a couple of hours after the meal. Gulp down the Metronidazole tablet as a whole without crushing or breaking it as it has been specially made for its slow release inside the body. Complete the entire course of this medicine.
What are the possible side effects of Metronidazole?
Metronidazole antibiotic exhibits the following side effects: –
• Allergic reactions leading to hives, swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue, breathing problems.
• Fever, body aches, chills, flu symptoms, sore throat.
• Bloody or watery diarrhea
• White patches inside the mouth or on lips
• Numbness in the hands and feet
• Pain during micturition
• Nausea, stomach pain, headache, dizziness.
• Vaginal discharge or itching
• Dry mouth and unpleasant taste in the mouth.