- Scientists Have Solved The Mystery Of How Cancer Spreads June 24, 2016
- Obese seniors live more of their golden years with heart disease June 23, 2016
- U.S. spurns AstraZeneca’s nasal spray flu vaccine as ineffective June 23, 2016
- Overweight young men may face high liver disease risk later in life June 23, 2016
- We’re editing human genes to kill cancer June 22, 2016
- The slightest exposure to this tree will probably kill you, NBD June 22, 2016
- Arizona man forgoes kitchen for the sun-fueled baking powers of his Lambo June 22, 2016
- Teen cancer survivor stuns Simon Cowell on ‘America’s Got Talent’ June 22, 2016
- Stunning looks from Broadway’s ‘The Lion King’ get a time-lapse treatment June 22, 2016
- AstraZeneca takes $80 million hit as U.S. spurns nasal flu vaccine June 23, 2016
Metronidazole is an antibiotic that fights bacteria and other pathogens in the body. Metronidazole is generally used in the treatment of bacterial infections of stomach, vagina, joints, skin and respiratory tract. Metronidazole is, however, ineffective in curing vaginal yeast infection.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing Metronidazole: -
Complete the entire course of Metronidazole medication as prescribed by the physician. Although your symptoms may get better before completing the entire antibiotic course, however, however, the infection still remains in the body and may reoccur again when suitable condition arises. During the course of treatment, it is better to avoid alcohol consumption as this may cause adverse effects on your health such as redness of skin, fast heartbeats, nausea, vomiting and a tingly feeling. Metronidazole should not be prescribed for patients who are pregnant or allergic to this medicine. Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following diseases: –
• Liver disease
• Nerve disorders
• Blood cell disorders such as leucopenia or anemia.
• Stomach or intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease.
• Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
How to take this drug?
You should take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Make sure that you do not exceed the dose as it may cause adverse effects on your health. This medicine should be taken in an empty stomach – at least an hour before a meal or a couple of hours after the meal. Gulp down the Metronidazole tablet as a whole without crushing or breaking it as it has been specially made for its slow release inside the body. Complete the entire course of this medicine.
What are the possible side effects of Metronidazole?
Metronidazole antibiotic exhibits the following side effects: –
• Allergic reactions leading to hives, swelling of face, lips, throat or tongue, breathing problems.
• Fever, body aches, chills, flu symptoms, sore throat.
• Bloody or watery diarrhea
• White patches inside the mouth or on lips
• Numbness in the hands and feet
• Pain during micturition
• Nausea, stomach pain, headache, dizziness.
• Vaginal discharge or itching
• Dry mouth and unpleasant taste in the mouth.