- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vice President Pence downplays concerns over disruptions to health care February 23, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Spicer says angry town halls are hybrid of upset people and professional protesters February 22, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- US report: Trend of rising health care spending back to stay February 15, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
Naprosyn is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is used to relieve the swelling, stiffness, inflammation and joint pain associated with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, juvenile arthritis, acute gout, bursitis and tendinitis. Naprosyn has also been effective in relieving menstrual cramps and other moderate pains. Naprosyn works by reducing the level of chemicals responsible for pain, inflammation and fever as well as reducing the prostaglandin levels in blood by blocking the enzyme cyclooxygenase that synthesizes prostaglandins.
Why is this drug prescribed?
Naprosyn is prescribed in order to relieve inflammation, stiffness, swelling, menstrual cramp and joint pain resulting from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, acute gout, tendinitis, juvenile arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and bursitis.
How to take Naprosyn?
Naprosyn should be taken as directed by the physician. Make sure that you do not exceed the prescribed dose otherwise it may cause adverse effects on your health. Naprosyn should always be taken with meal or antacid and a glassful of water in order to prevent stomach upset. This drug should never be taken on an empty stomach. In order to confirm whether this drug is showing any adverse effects on your health it is better to undergo blood test on a regular basis.
What should be the dosing of this drug?
The normal adult dose for this drug is 250-500 mg twice a day. The medication should not be taken on an empty stomach but with food in order to avoid stomach upset.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Naprosyn exhibits various kinds of side effects which include the following: –
• Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, shortness of breath, breathing problem, drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting headache and nausea.
• Itching, skin rashes, heartburn, ringing in ears, swelling due to accumulation of fluid, etc.
On experiencing such side effects, contact the doctor as soon as possible. This drug should not be used during pregnancy or breast feeding the baby.