- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- Five things to listen for in Trump’s big speech February 28, 2017
- The Medicines Company Announces FDA Filing Acceptance of New Drug Application for Intravenous Antibiotic Carbavance (meropenem-vaborbactam) February 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- FDA Expands Indication for Revlimid (lenalidomide) as a Maintenance Treatment for Patients with Multiple Myeloma Following Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (auto-HSCT) February 22, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
Naproxen belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs. It works by reducing the hormones and chemical which are responsible for causing inflammatory reactions and pain in the body. Generally, this drug named Naproxen is used to treat inflammation resulting from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendinitis, acute gout, ankylosing spondylitis, bursitis as well as menstrual cramps. Naproxen can be used for other medical purposes also.
Things to keep in mind while prescribing this drug: -
Naproxen has the potential to cause life-threatening cardiovascular problems such as stroke or heart attack. Longer the patient uses this drug higher will be the risk of cardiovascular problems. This medicine should be typically avoided just before and after a heart bypass surgery. If you experience chest pain, shortness of breath, weakness, blurred vision and slurred speech during your Naproxen medication, call the doctor as soon as possible as these are the most common symptoms of cardiovascular ailments. Avoid alcohol consumption during the course of Naproxen treatment as alcohol can enhance the stomach bleeding caused by Naproxen. Avoid going out in direct sunlight as Naproxen makes your skin extremely sensitive to sunlight and this may result in sunburn.
Naproxen should be strictly avoided in the following cases: –
• If the person is allergic to Naproxen, aspirin or any other NSAIDs.
• History of heart attack, blood clot or stroke.
• Gastric ulcers
• Liver or kidney disease
• Habit of smoking
• Bleeding or clotting disorder
• Polyps in nose
• Breast feeding your baby
How to take this drug?
Naproxen should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Make sure that the dose you are taking does not exceed the prescribed dose. Naproxen is available in the market in the form of a pill. Swallow the pill as a whole instead of crushing or breaking it.
What are the possible side effects of Naproxen?
Naproxen shows various side effects such as the following: –
• Allergic reactions which results in hives, swelling of face, lips, tongue and throat, breathing problems, etc;
• Chest pain, shortness of breath, general weakness, blurred vision, slurred speech;
• Black and bloody stool, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation;
• Nausea, headache, micturition problems, coughing of blood, dizziness, drowsiness;