- Uber executive quits for not disclosing prior sexual harassment allegation – Recode February 27, 2017
- FDA Approves Xermelo (telotristat ethyl) as First and Only Oral Treatment for Carcinoid Syndrome Diarrhea in Cancer Patients with Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors February 28, 2017
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Qtern (dapagliflozin and saxagliptin) Tablets for Adults with Type-2 Diabetes February 28, 2017
- FDA Expands Indication for Revlimid (lenalidomide) as a Maintenance Treatment for Patients with Multiple Myeloma Following Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (auto-HSCT) February 22, 2017
- Colorado governor, once opposed, is softening his stance on legal pot February 26, 2017
- Jerk alligator steals a huge fish off a little boy's line February 26, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
Neurontin is a drug that affects the chemicals as well as the nerves responsible for causing seizures and certain types of pain. Neurontin is used along with some other types of drugs in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia which is a nerve pain caused by shingles or herpes virus.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing Neurontin: -
Neurontin should be avoided if you are suffering from any kind of kidney, heart or liver diseases. This drug should not be used during pregnancy or breast feeding your baby as Neurontin falls in FDA pregnancy category C and is passed into breast milk. Neurontin is a drug that may cause dizziness and drowsiness so be alert while performing hazardous tasks like driving. Complete the entire course of this medication even if you feel better so as to prevent the seizures from recurring.
How to take this medicine?
Neurontin should be taken as directed by the doctor. Never exceed the prescribed dose as this may cause adverse effects on your health. Take the Neurontin dose along with a glassful of water. In order to get the correct dose, measure the Neurontin oral solution with a dose-measuring spoon or cup. Do not stop taking this medicine all at once as this might result in serious side effects. Consult your doctor before taking such decisions.
What are the possible side effects of Neurontin?
Neurontin exhibits lots of side effects which include the following: –
• Allergic reactions resulting in breathing problems, hives, swelling of face, throat, lips and tongue, obstruction of throat, etc.
• Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness;
• Blurred or double vision;
• Poor coordination, tremor;
• Irregular to and fro movement of the eyes;
Children of age group three to twelve experiences the following side effects: –
• Anxiety, crying, behavioral problems, depression, false sense of well-being;
• Rapid change of moods, aggressiveness, suspiciousness;