- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
- Hong Kong police jailed over attack on democracy protester February 17, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- Diseased rat urine kills New Yorker in outbreak of rare illness February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
Penicillin is a type of medicine derived from the plant Penicillium notatum. Also known as the wonder drug, penicillin fights bacteria in the human body and is used for treating various types of infections which are caused by bacteria such as infection of the ear.
Some important facts about this drug:
Penicillin should not be used in case you are allergic to it or to any other Penicillin antibiotic such as ampicillin, amoxicillin, oxacillin, carbenicillin or dicloxacillin. Before using this drug you should also tell your doctor if you are allergic to cephalosporin such as Ceftin, Ceclor, Keflex or Duricef. Administration of Penicillin should also be avoided in case you are suffering from kidney disease, asthma, bleeding or clotting disorder or any kind of allergy. Your symptoms might get better even before the infection is completely cured so make sure that you complete the entire course of this medicine in order to avoid the recurrence of that infection. Penicillin falls under the FDA pregnancy category B so it is not expected to pose any harm to the embryo during the period of pregnancy. However, Penicillin can pass into breast milk and may harm the new born baby so better consult with the physician before taking this medicine.
How to take this medicine?
Penicillin should be taken as per the doctor’s instruction. Never exceed the prescribed dose as this may lead to further health hazards. Take Penicillin along with glassful of water. In case of oral solution, shake the mixture well and measure the dose with the help of a measuring cup or spoon.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Penicillin drug exhibits various side effects which may include the following: –
• Nausea, vomiting, headache, stomach pain;
• Vaginal itching, swollen hairy tongue;
• Watery diarrhea, fever, body pain, chills, flu symptoms;
• Severe weakness, reduced urination, skin rash, itching, peeling;
• Confusion, unusual thoughts, agitation, seizure.
If you experience any of these symptoms then call the doctor as soon as possible before it gets too late!