- Franken calls Gorsuch dissent in trucker case ‘absurd’ March 21, 2017
- Array BioPharma Announces Withdrawal of NDA for Binimetinib Monotherapy for the Treatment of NRAS-Mutant Melanoma March 18, 2017
- FDA Approves Xadago (safinamide) as an Add-On Treatment for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease March 21, 2017
- FDA Approves Juvéderm Vollure XC for Correction of Facial Wrinkles and Folds in Adults March 20, 2017
- Federal court gives students chance to parry with judges March 19, 2017
- How to Take Care of Yourself When You Have the Flu March 20, 2017
- Study Says Drug Cuts Cholesterol and Reduces Heart Attacks, But It’s Not Cheap March 17, 2017
- Man killed after trying to grab soldier’s gun at Paris airport March 18, 2017
- Campaign heats up to make heroin-overdose reversal drug available everywhere March 18, 2017
- What You Need to Know About the Heart Drug Repatha March 17, 2017
Penicillin is a type of medicine derived from the plant Penicillium notatum. Also known as the wonder drug, penicillin fights bacteria in the human body and is used for treating various types of infections which are caused by bacteria such as infection of the ear.
Some important facts about this drug:
Penicillin should not be used in case you are allergic to it or to any other Penicillin antibiotic such as ampicillin, amoxicillin, oxacillin, carbenicillin or dicloxacillin. Before using this drug you should also tell your doctor if you are allergic to cephalosporin such as Ceftin, Ceclor, Keflex or Duricef. Administration of Penicillin should also be avoided in case you are suffering from kidney disease, asthma, bleeding or clotting disorder or any kind of allergy. Your symptoms might get better even before the infection is completely cured so make sure that you complete the entire course of this medicine in order to avoid the recurrence of that infection. Penicillin falls under the FDA pregnancy category B so it is not expected to pose any harm to the embryo during the period of pregnancy. However, Penicillin can pass into breast milk and may harm the new born baby so better consult with the physician before taking this medicine.
How to take this medicine?
Penicillin should be taken as per the doctor’s instruction. Never exceed the prescribed dose as this may lead to further health hazards. Take Penicillin along with glassful of water. In case of oral solution, shake the mixture well and measure the dose with the help of a measuring cup or spoon.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Penicillin drug exhibits various side effects which may include the following: –
• Nausea, vomiting, headache, stomach pain;
• Vaginal itching, swollen hairy tongue;
• Watery diarrhea, fever, body pain, chills, flu symptoms;
• Severe weakness, reduced urination, skin rash, itching, peeling;
• Confusion, unusual thoughts, agitation, seizure.
If you experience any of these symptoms then call the doctor as soon as possible before it gets too late!