- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Real leaks bring fake news, Trump says as he blasts media February 16, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- Americans are becoming more tolerant of many religious groups, survey finds February 15, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
Phentermine is a drug which is quite similar to an amphetamine. Primarily used as an appetite suppressant, this drug directly affects the central nervous system. Phentermine along with diet and regular exercise are used to treat obesity in people who are at risk of suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing this drug:
Taking Phentermine along with diet medications such as dexfenfluramine or fenfluramine may cause a rare and fatal disease called pulmonary hypertension. Avoid performing hazardous activities such as driving or operating machinery as Phentermine can cause side effects that may damage your thinking reactions. Avoid alcohol consumption during the course of treatment as this might enhance certain side effects of Phentermine. Moreover, Phentermine is a habit-forming drug and should not be prescribed for patients who have a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction. Do not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden as this may cause withdrawal symptoms. In case you have already used a MAO inhibitor such as rasagiline, phenelzine or isocarboxazid within the last couple of weeks, Phentermine should not be taken in such cases as it may cause serious side effects. Administration of Phentermine should be strictly avoided by a patient who is suffering from the following diseases and ailments: -
• Heart disease, high blood pressure;
• History of drug abuse or alcohol addiction;
• Anxiety disorder
How to take this medicine?
Phentermine should be taken as directed by the doctor or physician. Never exceed the prescribed dose as this may cause several side effects such as insomnia, skin problems, increased irritability and change in personality. Take this drug along with a full glass of water on an empty stomach.
What are the possible side effects associated with this drug?
Phentermine exhibits various types of side effects which may include the following: –
• Allergic reactions leading to swelling of tongue, throat, face and lips; breathing problems and hives;
• Fast and irregular heart beat;
• Chest pain, swelling of ankles, fainting, light-headedness;
• Unusual thoughts, restlessness, confusion;
• Increased blood pressure, headache, blurred vision, seizure.