- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- As he turns 93, Mugabe dismisses corruption allegations February 21, 2017
- Russia's UN envoy Vitaly Churkin dead at 64 February 20, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Norma McCorvey, plaintiff in Roe v. Wade abortion ruling, dies at 69 February 18, 2017
- 3 arrested in NKorean's death in Malaysia; autopsy completed February 16, 2017
- China carfentanil ban a 'game-changer' for opioid epidemic February 16, 2017
- FDA Approves Siliq (brodalumab) for Plaque Psoriasis February 14, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- AP, HHMI collaborate on expanded science, health coverage February 15, 2017
Plavix is a drug which can prevent your blood platelets from coagulating or clotting thereby preventing unwanted blood clots which may occur in case of certain cardiovascular conditions. Plavix is prescribed for people who have had a recent heart attack or stroke or are suffering from certain heart problems.
Things to keep in mind before prescribing this drug:
Plavix helps to prevent blood from coagulating so as to prevent clot formation in unwanted places such as narrow blood vessels or heart. Administration of Plavix may, however, result in excessive bleeding even from a minor injury. It is best to contact the doctor some emergency medical help in case bleeding does not stop. Bleeding can occur both internally as well as externally so if you find black coffee colored stools then better contact the doctor as soon as possible as there is every possibility that you might be bleeding internally. Alcohol consumption should be strictly avoided during the course of Plavix treatment as alcohol can increase the risk of bleeding. During the course of Plavix treatment, certain medicines and drugs should be avoided such as aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as diclofenac, ibuprofen, diflunisal, naproxen, ketoprofen, etodolac, etc. Use of Plavix medicine should be strictly prohibited in case the person is suffering from the following diseases: -
• Allergic towards clopidogrel;
• Gastric ulcer or any kind of ulcers, head injury;
• Blood clotting disorder such as hemophilia;
• Liver or kidney disease
• History of stroke
How to take this medicine?
Take Plavix doses as prescribed by the doctor. Never exceed the dose as it may cause serious side effects in your body. Take the dose along with a glassful of water.
What are the possible side effects of this drug?
Plavix may exhibit lot of side effects which may include the following: –
• Allergic reactions such as hives, breathing difficulty and swelling of face, lips, tongue and throat;
• Unstoppable bleeding from the place of injury;
• Black and bloody stools;
• Coughing or vomiting out of blood;
• Chest pain, nausea, severe weakness and sweating;
• Confusion, headache, blurred vision;
In case you experience any of the above symptoms then contact the doctor or some emergency medical help as soon as possible.