- Trump bashes FBI for being ‘totally unable’ to stop leaks February 24, 2017
- U.S. seeks extradition of ex-Guatemala officials on drug charges February 24, 2017
- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Video of 'chubby' tigers taking down a drone may be way darker than you think February 24, 2017
- These are the world's best beaches 2017: TripAdvisor February 22, 2017
- Ex-Hong Kong leader jailed in fall from 'such a height' February 22, 2017
- Murder in Malaysia shows North Korea reckless, bolder: South Korea PM February 19, 2017
- Explosive blog post details ‘abhorrent’ sexism at Uber February 19, 2017
- Trump's media bias survey sparks online battle between fans and critics February 17, 2017
- Malaysia arrests North Korean man as row over Kim Jong Nam's death escalates February 18, 2017
Pravachol is a medicine which is prescribed to lower the cholesterol production in the body. It works by cutting the amount of low-density lipoprotein or LDL but increasing the amount of the HDL or high-density lipoprotein which is also known as the good cholesterol in the body. With low amount of cholesterol, the risk for heart attack, stroke and other vascular diseases are diminished.
Information you should know about Pravachol
Before taking the medicine, inform the doctor of the other medications that you are currently drinking. Inform the doctor of the vitamins, nutritional supplements and health drinks that you take. Aside from these, you should also tell the doctor if you are allergic to Pravachol or to any of its components; or if you have health conditions like diabetes, muscular disorder or kidney failure.
When taking Pravachol, special diet of cholesterol-lowering plan should be followed plus a series of exercise and weight control methods and to receive a maximum effect of the medicine. You should not also drink any form of alcohol when you are under Prevachol medication. Alcohol, especially beer, increases your triglyceride level and may cause adverse effect like liver damage.
Pregnant women are not allowed to take this medicine. It was found out that the medicine can cause deformities to the baby when it is taken by the mother during her pregnancy days. It is likewise not allowed for breastfeeding mothers because the medicine is passed through the breast milk. Take blood test from time to time. This is to monitor the changes of the cholesterol in your blood. It is likewise recommended that you also test your liver function on a regular basis.
Directions to take Pravachol
Pravachol is available in tablet forms and in 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg and 80 mg doses. This medicine is taken orally with a full glass of water with or without food. Drink at the same time of the day, so that you will likely to remember the drug. Always follow the medication as prescribed to you by the doctor. Do not pre-terminate or end your medication without informing your doctor.
Do not double take any medication in times when you missed a dose. In cases like this, you take the medicine as soon as you remember it but if it is nearly time for the next dosage, skip the missed dose and follow the schedule of the next dose.
If you find anything unusual or you experience gastrointestinal problems like stomach ache, diarrhea or constipation; bloating, gas, heartburn and pain in the body, immediately stop the medication and call your doctor. You might be having an overdose of the drug.