- Vietnam says Kim murder suspect thought it was a prank February 25, 2017
- Can Trump make good on his pledge to prosecute leaks? February 16, 2017
- Malaysia detains woman, seeking others in connection with North Korean murder February 15, 2017
- Trump now owns Obamacare February 15, 2017
- Older women reduce their endometrial cancer risk with weight loss February 15, 2017
- U.S. healthcare costs to escalate over next decade: government agency February 15, 2017
- Actelion, being bought by J&J, says full year core net income rose 27 percent February 14, 2017
- Researchers find clues to why diet with olive oil is tied lower heart disease risk February 13, 2017
- Abbott Laboratories may see boost from St. Jude’s acquisition: Barron’s February 12, 2017
- From chemotherapy to the catwalk, cancer center stage at New York Fashion Week February 11, 2017
INFORMATION ABOUT PREGNANCY
Pregnancy is a 9-month stage in woman’s life where she carries one or more babies inside her body. The initial stage of pregnancy is the conception stage while the final stage is the birth stage. The 9-month stage or approximately 40 weeks from the first day of the last menstruation is divided into 3 trimesters. These are the first trimester, second trimester and the third trimester. There are different changes and development within each trimester.
Information that you should know about Pregnancy
The first trimester of pregnancy is the stage where the natural death of the embryo is very common. This is what you commonly know as miscarriage. There are a lot of risks that can cause miscarriages. The second trimester, on the other hand, is the stage when the development of the fetus is monitored. At the start of second trimester, you can already see the fetus through the ultrasound. The third trimester is the safest stage. This is the time when the developing fetus gains its ability to survive outside the mother’s womb.
During pregnancy a woman needs to be healthy for herself and her baby. She should eat healthy and nutritious foods. Diet should include a lot of fruits and vegetables. Calcium-rich foods are for stronger bones and teeth for the baby. It is required that she receive essential vitamins and minerals like iron. This is not always achieved from the food intake so you can ask your doctor if you have to take in additional amount of iron. Another essential is folic acid. It is required to take at least 400 microgram or 0.4 mg of folic acid everyday. The folic acid lessens the chances of birth defects to the baby.
It is normal for pregnant women to gain weight but it should only be limited from 25 to 30 pounds within the 40 week period. Sleep is also important for the mothers. Rest should range from seven to nine hours. Make your sleep comfortable by adding pillows and exercising during the day. Move as much as you can. Perform exercise as frequent as you can to avoid gaining too much weight during your pregnancy.
Pregnancy is very crucial stage in a woman’s life. In cases wherein you need to take a medicine, always refer or ask your doctor first before taking one. Assume that all types of medicines can harm your baby. There are even some herbal medicines which can affect the baby’s health. The same thing might also happen for over-the-counter and prescription medicines.
Take care of yourself. When a woman is pregnant she doesn’t think of herself alone but also the well-being of the baby inside her womb