- Is Baby Food the Key to the Perfect Margarita? April 26, 2017
- The Tests You Need to Diagnose Infertility April 26, 2017
- FDA Approves Xatmep (methotrexate) Oral Solution April 26, 2017
- Inspirion Delivery Sciences Receives FDA Approval for RoxyBond (oxycodone hydrochloride) Immediate Release Tablets with Abuse-Deterrent Label Claims April 26, 2017
- Lawyer for Philippines hit-man files complaint against Duterte at ICC April 24, 2017
- PBA Is No Laughing Matter April 25, 2017
- Flight Attendant Suspended After Confrontation On Video April 22, 2017
- Maldives blogger stabbed to death in restive capital April 23, 2017
- Paris station panic as man arrested with knife April 22, 2017
- On Holocaust day, Netanyahu says its lessons guide him April 23, 2017
Premarin is a medicine which is made up of different estrogen hormones which is a treatment for menopausal symptoms like irritation, anxiety, hot flashes and even vaginal dryness. It is also a medicine which is recommended for osteoporosis and as a replacement for estrogen that women losses when they have undergone ovarian failure. It is likewise indicated as a cancer treatment for both men and women.
Information you should know about Premarin
Premarin is not allowed for individuals who are allergic to its different components. It is also not recommended for individuals who are pregnant women and breast-feeding. The drug can give a harmful effect to the baby if the matter takes in the drug. For breast-feeding mothers, the drug may be transferred to the baby through the breast milk.
It is also not recommended for individual who have cases of heart problems such as stroke and high blood pressure; liver and kidney disease and vaginal bleeding. You should refrain from smoking when you are under medication of Premarin. This will increase your chances of experiencing blood clots, stroke and heart attacks. In case you experience and overdose, immediately stop taking the medicine and go to your doctor for a medical attention.
Directions to take Premarin
Premarin is available in the forms of tablets, vaginal creams and injection. The tablets are in 0.3 mg, 0.45 mg, 0.625 mg, 0.9 mg and 1.25 mg doses while the vaginal cream is available in 0.625 mg per gm of cream. Tablets forms are taken orally, once per day. It can be taken with or without food but with glassful of water.
For prevention of menopausal osteoporosis, the initial dose for Premarin is usually the lowest dose possible. It starts with 0.3 mg/day and is increased depending on the response of the body to it. It can be given for 25 days then stops for 5 days before continuing the process again.
For hypogonadism, 0.3 mg or 0.625 mg is given daily with the same cycle of 25 days treatment and 5 days off treatment. For women who had ovarian failure, a dose of 1.25 mg everyday is given for three weeks and one week off treatment cycle.
For cases of breast cancer, a continuous medication for three months is implemented, each day 10 mg dosage is given. For abnormal uterine bleeding, an IV with 25 mg dosage is given and a follow up after 6 to 12 hours if there is a need for one. For vaginal atrophy, the cream is used. The suggested dosage is ½ to 2 g daily. Always remember to follow your medication. Do not take double dosages when you miss a dose. Do not extend your intake unless suggested by your doctor.